It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2007, 09:40 AM   #1
(female)

crosss HB User
Have no idea what is happening

I am a 43 year old woman who started menstrating at 10. I was told by my gyno three years ago that I was in perimenopause. The source of my confusion is a new development with my periods and now between periods. I still have my period like clockwork, always on time and always lasts three days. You could set the clock by them. Except that now I spot for a few days after my period and I have douched with plain water and have these chunks? of red tissue that comes out with the water, between periods I have this mucous like stuff that is stringy and a lot of it. What is going on? I know I need to make an appointment but I will need to find a new gyno since my insurance does not cover my previous doc anymore.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:25 AM   #2
(female)

crosss HB User
Re: Have no idea what is happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosss View Post

I am a 43 year old woman who started menstrating at 10. I was told by my gyno three years ago that I was in perimenopause. The source of my confusion is a new development with my periods and now between periods. I still have my period like clockwork, always on time and always lasts three days. You could set the clock by them. Except that now I spot for a few days after my period and I have douched with plain water and have these chunks? of red tissue that comes out with the water, between periods I have this mucous like stuff that is stringy and a lot of it. What is going on? I know I need to make an appointment but I will need to find a new gyno since my insurance does not cover my previous doc anymore.
Just wanted to put this back on page one so maybe someone would see it an respond. Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2007, 09:54 AM   #3
(female)

crosss HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosss View Post

I wanted to let someone know that I have seen a ObGyn and after multiple tests and a cervical biopsy I have been diagnosed with cervical cancer. I am afraid that I am going to lose my mind. I am so very afraid . My doctor feels that we have found it in time and I hope she is correct. I am scared.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User

I'm sorry to hear the news, but.....

Fortunately when cervical cancer is caught early it is a very treatable condition.

I will pray for you and send good thoughts your way.

Dustoff

Old 05-03-2007, 09:35 AM   #5
(female)

crosss HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustoffkid View Post
I'm sorry to hear the news, but.....

Fortunately when cervical cancer is caught early it is a very treatable condition.

I will pray for you and send good thoughts your way.

Dustoff
Thank you for the good thoughts, I need them. I go for the surgery on the 15th and I will take them with me

Old 05-04-2007, 05:52 AM   #6
(female)

darkwater HB User

God bless you. I just went through a scare with possible cervical/endometrial cancer, I was scared to death as I went through the whole biopsy process. I had been having strange bleeding for years and I couldn't seem to make anyone understand that I was so afraid I had ignored things too long and would pay the ultimate price for that. I can only guess how frightened you must be now. I hope that they have caught it early so that you can be healthy for many years ahead. Keep the faith, my friend.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:14 AM   #7
(female)

sandbmom0 HB User

Hi Cross:

I have also been diagnosed with cervical cancer stage 1a2. Your staging is what is important in determining what treatments need to be done. I will have a radical hysterectomy and lymphedectomy on 5/23/07. The GYN/ONC stated if the margins are clear and none of the lymph nodes are effected then that will be my only treatment. Like you I am freaked out, but posting on this site and on ************* has been very helpful and informative. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and if you get a chance let all of us know how you are doing.

Old 05-09-2007, 05:53 PM   #8
(female)

allie32 HB User
Smile Re: Have no idea what is happening

hello i was reading your question and i can say it sounds alot like what i had, i would have a lot of dicharge and spotting between periods and first they said it was bacterial vaginoues, then just recently had a d&c and a scope and there was six polyps on my uterious.I would get checked for both. wish you luck

Closed Thread