It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2007, 10:32 AM   #1
(female)

Julesjewels HB User
Pelvic pain waking me at night

Hello! I'm not sure what this is. I've had some health problems over the past few years and I'm not quite sure what this might be. I'm having extremely bad "menstrual cramps" on my right side (around the ovary?), in my lower back and down my right leg. This has been pretty constant for the last couple of months but has been really bad this past week. I am fortunately going to my doctor on Friday! I have been taking Lortab and they don't even touch the pain. Does this sound like anything anyone else has had? I've had a uterine polyp removed and had an ablation done at the same time. While the doc was doing all that, I had the coils (Essure) put in my fallopian tubes (this was all done Jan. 2006). Could I be having problems with one of those coils this long after the procedure?
Any thoughts? Thanks!

Last edited by Julesjewels; 03-21-2007 at 10:34 AM.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:50 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chikkie14 HB User
Re: Pelvic pain waking me at night

Hi, I also am having the same period pains as you... although I have been having dysmenorrhea for as long as I can remember. But I notice after I have undergone surgery for an ectopic pregnancy last june 2006.. the pain somehow now is concentrated on the right side... sometimes alternating to the left but I am having it most on the right now (during period and weeks before it).. Last dec.. I have had a transvaginal ultrasound but the Gyne didnt see anything... I am going for another check up just to be sure theres nothing in there.. it can be quite scary at timess... sometimes it feels like a stitch or like something is going to tear inside me! Please keep me posted with the result of your doc appoinment...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2007, 11:22 PM   #3
(female)

Julesjewels HB User

Hi Chikkie!

Well, I'm relieved... I don't have anything serious but I do have to have surgery. I have fibroids or polyps. The nurse prac. wasn't 100% sure what they were. I'm going back in two weeks to see my gyno and he'll determine what they are and exactly how many and if I'm going to have another hysteroscopy (had one last year for a uterine polyp) or a hysterectomy. I was so worried it was something more serious because of all my symptoms.

Let me know how your check up goes and thanks so much for responding! It helps having people to "talk" to when you're scared!

Julie

Old 03-25-2007, 03:02 AM   #4
(female)

joanne1992 HB User

dont worry youll be fine

Old 03-25-2007, 06:30 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

chikkie14 HB User

Well I havent seen my gyne... just a question though.. does yours hurt even your not having your period? I just finished my period and I still feel this throbbing pain on my right.. although it is not crampy pain like period pain.. but it does throbe like when I move or sometimes when I change position when lying down... but its on random.. like sometimes will throb but sometimes wont...

Old 03-26-2007, 07:59 PM   #6
(female)

Julesjewels HB User

Mine started out as worse than normal cramping during my cycle. Then it progressed to constant cramping and stabbing pelvic pain. I've had almost non-stop pain now for about two months. It is so bad that I have a lot of trouble sleeping at night and the doctor has now put me on low dose vicodin until my surgery.

It almost sounds like scar tissue that might have built up, although I'm not sure what would cause the throbbing pain. It's good you're having your doctor check you out again. When do you go?

Old 03-26-2007, 08:25 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

chikkie14 HB User

Im just about to book my appointment but hopefully I wil be able to have it by end of next week... Im going for a full women's health screening.. includes all gyne and blood work tests as I am also having other health issues... I just finished my period yesterday and the nurse adviced to let a week pass first before doing the tests to get the accurate results... well now the pain is gone.. I really dont know if its uterus related or gastric related, my health problems all rooted from gastric and I heard that it can somehow imitate to uterus symptoms... If u said scarring can cause the pain, then its also possible that its because of the ectopic pregnancy i had last june.. they didnt remove my tube thats why I guess it oculd have somehow developed some scaring from the surgery well... I hope to find out the real reason soon... please keep me posted with your results.. thanks and hope you'll be well soon julesjewels

Old 03-28-2007, 11:21 AM   #8
(female)

Julesjewels HB User

Well, yesterday I was in so much pain, my husband called the doctor's office and told the nurse he was taking me in and that the doctor HAD to see me. Come to find out, I did not have fibroids or polyps... I had a collection of blood from several months (maybe as many as 8) in my uterus. It's a long story, but I've had several procedures done, which caused my cervix to close and not allow what little blood through that needed to get out. I've had Novasure done to stop monthly bleeding but it doesn't mean I won't have some spotting each month. Some people never bleed again, but I was and it was building up in the uterus. Anyway, the doctor had to do a procedure in the office and was able relieve me of my pain!!! I'm a new woman! My pain is gone and I'm not bloated anymore.

I hope you see your doctor soon!

Old 03-28-2007, 11:49 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

chikkie14 HB User

hhmm.. that gave me another idea to ponder about... my period is really irregular... every 2 to 3 months.. sometimes I would hurt for weeks like the period cannot come out, (purely for scientific purposes ) I never sleep with my husband during this times.. then he came up with this idea that maybe the blood is clogged and cannot come out! And he suggested and try to you know what, do "it"... he said to make a hole (i know! really stupid idea lol) anyways we did try and 2 times already my period will come out the next day after that.. so im thinking.. could there really be a clog in there???

Old 03-29-2007, 09:23 PM   #10
(female)

Julesjewels HB User

You just never know. I'm glad I went and that my husband insisted that they see me that day. It had gotten so bad, I was having trouble standing up straight.
We know our bodies and we just have to listen to what's going on with them. What's good is that when you go to the doctor and tell him your symptoms, he'll most likely do a vaginal ultrasound and if there's anything going on, he'll see it.

Closed Thread