It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2007, 01:27 PM   #1
(female)

SnowAngel1988 HB User
Discharge question... Possible Yeast Infection?

I've posted here before about having endo and cervical dysplasia... and now i'm starting to have yet another problem. I thought it would just go away but now i'm getting a little worried.

Ever since I had my Colposcopy at the end of February I've been having discharge. I figured at first it was normal, I mean they took biopsies and the vinegar and stuff, discharge would be normal. I flew back here to where i live now and the discharge won't go away. It's not always the same either. Sometimes it's really watery and clear other times it's mucusy with tiny white spots in it, and sometimes it's white/yellow. At first after the Colposcopy it had a really foul smell, which I blamed on the vinegar and other dyes they used, then it got better and now there's no smell but i can't control the discharge. I just finally stopped bleeding a week ago after bleeding since the last week of December. I asked a friend about this who is a nursing student and she said she's not sure if it's a yeast infection but that it could be something from my surgery or colposcopy.

I don't have a car and not a lot of money. I've had at least 3-4 pap tests since January 14 plus a colposcopy and surgery. I'm still in pain which i've been blaiming on just healing. I don't want to go back to the gyno again I don't want another pap but if I have to I will, for my health. I feel like i'm being very paranoid but my luck with my health since I was 13 hasn't been good at all and now with the endo and dysplasia i'm very very paranoid, especially since i've had discharge before but never like this, never to the point where I have to run to the bathroom. The other thing is that I have pain before the discharge, not all the time but half the time if not more. I also have been having very bad pains before a bowel movement. I've had cramps and stuff before but nothing like this.

Any idea as to what this could be? Is this just a yeast infection?

Last edited by SnowAngel1988; 03-21-2007 at 01:43 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2007, 03:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User
Re: Discharge question... Possible Yeast Infection?

Some amount of discharge is normal though if you're on birth control that tends to dry it up give you 1 type of discharge. Normal discharge doesn't smell bad, you won't have pain while urinating, and there's no itching.

Normal discharge tends to be cyclical with the menstrual cycle. It will be dry/sticky right after your period, then creamy/white/lotiony (may have a yellow tint), then around ovulation, lots of discharge that is either watery or resembling uncooked eggwhites (stretchy). Discharge tends to dry up after ovulation, but I always have a little of the sticky/creamy type between ovulation & my period. The watery type discharge is very runny. I've had that one cycle.

I don't think you have a yeast infection because they itch and itch and itch. It feels like you will never have relief. When there's a discharge with the yeast infection (most of my yeast infections don't have a discharge though, just itch), it tends to resemble cottage cheese in appearance.

As for the pain after bowel movements, where is the pain? Your vagina, your anus? If it's anal pain it could be hemrroids or anal fissures. The pain doesn't sound normal but could it also be related to having endo?

If you're still worried, go see a doctor. I do think some of this discharge could be normal though. A great book to read explaining your menstrual cycles and along with it the discharge is called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". You should borrow it from the library. It tells you what is normal and what is not normal.

Last edited by livinTX; 03-21-2007 at 03:21 PM.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:02 PM   #3
(female)

SnowAngel1988 HB User

The discharge has been changing, which is why I thought maybe yeast infection, but no it doesn't itch.

As for the pain with the b.m. it's not anal -- it's actually hard to explain where all it's at but I thought it was kind of weird that it was hurting in my lower abdomen, right where my public bone is at, just a tad above there... maybe that's where my intestines are and i'm just more sensitive after surgery? I've never had pain like this before a b.m. I'm wondering if it isn't something to do with the Endo.

I will call my doc about this and ask him what he thinks, I just wanted to know if I was just overreacting to nothing or if maybe it was due to the endo...

Thank you so much for your help!

Old 03-21-2007, 09:14 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

A yeast infection doe not have to itch. I went for my yearly pap and my doc said you have a yeast infection. I had no idea at the time what is was cause I only had a clear discharge that I thought was normal. According to him I obivioulsy had it a while.

Jenteal

Old 03-25-2007, 05:12 AM   #5
(female)

joanne1992 HB User

eels like an intense itching, burning sensation, localized in your vagina and vulva. this itching is not always present, but can get really bad, so bad you can hardly walk, let alone ride your bike to the pharmacy or doctor to get it treated.

- looks like clumpy nasty white stuff. most medical descriptions compare the discharge to ricotta cheese, but it can range from thick and not clumpy to faintly yellow to thin and clear.

- smells like bread or beer. in fact, it smells pretty much exactly like yeast, although the yeast used in brewing and baking is an entirely different species (Saccharomyces cerevisiae). no bacteria could smell like that, so it's a great diagnostic.

Do you have these symptoms if you do then yes you probably do.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:16 PM   #6
(female)

SnowAngel1988 HB User

Actually the only symptoms I have are the discharge. I have no itching, there is a slight odor but it's hard to explain, the only way I can describe it is almost like how a moldy wash rag smells like... if that makes sense at all. I've been trying to get a hold of a doctor but everytime I call they are out of the office or i've waited to long to call and it's closed. Now i'm even starting to feel like i'm getting a bladder infection, no burning, just abdominal pain and the feeling of not being able to fully empty my bladder, I eventually do but it gets annoying. That and the pain with the b.m. I know muscles are sore after surgery and stuff but is this really normal? I am trying to get to a doctor to get things checked out, I am just so frustrated. Things have been bad lately and i'm very depressed which i'm told is a normal reaction to surgery and even being diagnosed with stuff like Endo and Dysplasia.

Anyway, thank you all for your help. I am trying to get into a doctor and will let you all know what I find out when I find out.

Closed Thread