It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2007, 06:18 AM   #1
(female)

DKScully HB UserDKScully HB User
Question Dizziness During Period? Not Anemia?

Hi everyone. I have a question/concern that I hope you all can help me with...

I've always gotten dizzy/light-headed during my period. I (and my doctor) have always assumed that it was due to anemia from the heavy bleeding I typically experienced. Now, on Loestrin 24 Fe, the bleeding is MUCH less heavy most months--basically, just spotting. Yet, I STILL feel as light-headed as I did when I was gushing for days on end (sorry for that image).

Has anyone else experienced this, or do you have any idea why this might be?

Old 03-23-2007, 11:25 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kirsten07 HB User
Re: Dizziness During Period? Not Anemia?

i get tired, dizzy, lightheaded, shaky, headaches, weak, sick, crabby, impatient, etc, etc,ect! some months are worse than others. it sounds to me like thats just what haapens to your body during that time of the month. but if it does concern you i would suggest seeing your gyno.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2007, 11:35 AM   #3
(female)

DKScully HB UserDKScully HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsten07 View Post
i get tired, dizzy, lightheaded, shaky, headaches, weak, sick, crabby, impatient, etc, etc,ect! some months are worse than others. it sounds to me like thats just what haapens to your body during that time of the month. but if it does concern you i would suggest seeing your gyno.
yeah, it is typical for me, but just surprising because I always thought it went with my heavy bleeding! I'm not even having a bad month, in terms of cramps (which I sometimes get badly), but I am still dizzy! Yeah, I will check with my gyn when I see him next, but I was just trying to figure out, medically speaking, why this would happen to me if I wasn't bleeding heavily.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:34 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

kirsten07 HB User

well...i am on birth control pills and get pretty light peroids that last for like 3 days, and i still get all the stuff i listed above, its just your body dont worry. when you feel like that lay in bed and watch a movie, just relax or take a long hot bath. by the way, are you dizzy all of the time or just during your peroid? if you are dizzy all the time it might be inner ear related, if not, then it is probably just the time of the month.

Last edited by kirsten07; 03-23-2007 at 07:40 PM.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:51 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

I use to get really dizzy in my younger years. My doctor put me on iron pills cause I use to loose so blood. That fixed it till I had a miscarrage during Hurricane Katrina now once in a while I get dizzy but it's really bad. I have to grab a hold of something or I'll fall down. It's my fault I had stopped taking the iron pills. Just renewed my scrpit and started last month and being dizzy has b een cut in half.

He put me on Hemocyte Plus. It has minerals and vitamins in it too.

Jenteal

Old 03-25-2007, 03:45 AM   #6
(female)

joanne1992 HB User

hi maybe your just low on iron tyr and have more or it then see if your any better if not then you might wont to go to see your GP but it shouldnt be serious

Closed Thread