It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2007, 07:15 AM   #1
(female)

case1 HB User
symptoms of ovarian cyst??

anyone who has had an ovarian cyst i need some answers, please!! what were your symptoms?? i have not had my period for 3 mos. i went to the doc and they ran every possible blood test and it all came back normal. i am thin for my height, but not overly and have been thin for a year or so, the doc thinks it may be that, but i'm a total hypochondriac and am worried it could be something more. would blood tests show anything weird with the ovaries?? please reply, i have a family and am worried!! thanks

Old 03-28-2007, 03:25 PM   #2
(female)

REDZIE407 HB User
Re: symptoms of ovarian cyst??

Hi,
I Just Had A Cyst Removed And Had Absolutly No Symptoms At All. I Had An Abnormal Pap And Because Of That The Dr Ordered A Pelvic Ultrasound For Me. That Is What Picked Up The Cyst. It Was Very Large And Had To Be Removed By Lap Along With My Ovary. I Had No Pain With It What So Ever And Would Of Never Known It Was There.
The Only Blood Test I Know That Picks Up On Ovarian Cancer Is The C125 Test. It Is Not 100% For Sure. Talk To Your Dr About Having The Pelvic/vaginal Ultrasound. That Will Show Any Cyst For Sure.
GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by REDZIE407; 03-28-2007 at 03:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2007, 04:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

I, too, had no symptoms. I went to a new gyno to establish a relationship and inquire about an IUD after coming off BCP, and he did a transvaginal US himself and found them. That was last March. I had to come back for follow-up ultrasounds every three months, and they had finally gone away when I went for my US in January.

He would not do the C125 blood workup because of my age. From what I understood him to say, in premenopausal women, the C125 test comes back with false positives for cancer.

HTH

Old 03-29-2007, 09:34 AM   #4
(female)

nancybee5 HB User

I'm sorry if this doesn't help much, but I too have a very large ovarian cyst (about the size of a football, coming out next wednesday thru full abdominal incision) but I had no symptoms either. Doc says I've probably had it growing for two years or so, but when it got to this size the only thing I can tell you is that I had to pee alot (cyst was sitting on my bladder) and I looked and felt about 6 mos. pregnant (pressure on my belly when I leaned on it and I could no longer lay on my stomach on the dloor anymore).

Best I can tell you is to have GYN check you out before it gets any worse. I'm a worst case senario for not seeing a gyn regularly (it had been about 7 years since my last check up)! Don't wait, call for an appointment today.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:49 PM   #5
(female)

Megn80 HB User

I too had the peeing alot and a awful pressure. I had two periods in a month and that threw up a red flag. I'm not sure how big the cyst is but I guess it's small enough to try birth control to try and shrink it. Only way you are going to know is through a vaginal ultrasound.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:41 PM   #6
(female)

earthdayapril22 HB User

I had moderate to severe menstrual cramps and they did a laparascopy two days ago and remove some endometriosis and the ovarian cyst. I really didin't have lots of symptoms just severe menstrual cramps and long cycles (every 33-35 days)

I am recovering very fast from the laparascopy but I didin't like the procedure , especially the general anesthesia , I had nausea/vomiting and now diahrrea.

anyways good luck , hope you will do fine!

Old 03-30-2007, 04:42 PM   #7
(female)

case1 HB User

thanks for the replies guys, it helps to know there are others out there like me. i forgot to mention that i had my pap and internal exam 8 mos. ago and everything checked out fine. do you think she would have felt something then seeing as my periods have been irregular for about 5-6 mos and no period for 3 mos. i would think something would have sent out a red flag then, like enlarged ovaries or something. what do you think?? i'm worrying myself to death and i'm sure that's not helping either thanks again

Old 03-30-2007, 05:23 PM   #8
(female)

Cup of coffee HB User

Hi Case1,

I recognized your name from the Eating Disorder thread. I had an ovarian cyst and my symptoms were pain. The found my cyst through a routine pelvic exam. We kept an eye on it for a while and it continued to grow and had to be removed surgically.

When I was thin because of my eating disorder I lost my period for a few months. I would guess that since you've posted on the eating disorder thread this really may be the issue for your lost periods.

Good Luck,
GloBones

Old 03-31-2007, 02:56 PM   #9
(female)

REDZIE407 HB User

Hi Earthdayarpril22,
I Just Read Your Post And I Too Had A Very Recent Lap Done To Remove Cyst/ovary. Just Wondering How You Feel? I Am One Week Post Op And I Feel Pretty Good, But Still So Tired. Do You Feel That Way? I Am Much Less Sore But Still Alittle In My Bellybutton. My Belly Button Has A Slight Amount Of An Oozing, Did You Have That? How Long Are You Off Work For? Any Info Is Apprecaited. I Too Got So Sick From The Anesthia, I Had To Stay In Hosp Overnight. That Was Worst Part.
Thanks, Redzie

Old 03-31-2007, 04:17 PM   #10
(female)

case1 HB User

hi globones, you are right i was on the ed site, hope you are doing good. i'm really scared this is something more than the thinness as i've been thin for awhile now, at this weight for like a year, and everything was fine , why would all of a sudden my periods be like this? that's why i'm scared it is something more. everyone keeps telling me it is because i'm thin but my bmi is 17.5, not that bad. i do have abdominal cramps and i get so bloated, but like i said i did have an ok physical 8-9 mos ago and it was fine so i'm at a loss and i find doctors just tend to blow me off, so thanks for your replies guys and please if anyone has any more advice thanks case

Old 04-02-2007, 07:28 PM   #11
(female)

arenagirl HB User
Question Re: symptoms of ovarian cyst??

Hi, I am new here and I have a few questions/concerns about ovarian cysts. My last regular period was on Jan. 24/07. Then on Feb. 24 had minimal spotting that was light pink. Now this month nothing and I have lower left side pain, nausea.I had a tubal ligation 2 years ago. I have an ultrasound in two weeks time and dr. thinks it is a cyst any thoughts or information would be greatly appreciated, I am very worried.

thanks,
arenagirl

Old 04-03-2007, 12:28 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

mystic_star HB User

I just had a laparoscopy one week ago because of an ovarian cyst! My symptoms were severe pain in the left side, nausea, sweating, and shaking all over! Except for childbirth, it was the worst pain I have ever felt!!!! I was actually rushed by ambulance to the hospital where I had six hours of gruelling tests (vaginal and abdominal ultrasound, pelvic exam, catheter,and bloodwork!) The cyst actually ruptured and I had a lot of fluid around my tube. This went on for days because the doctor thought it would resolve on it's own, but I ended up in surgery anyway!

Old 04-03-2007, 06:17 AM   #13
(female)

declansmom HB User

REDZIE407,
I am scheduled for a laproscopy, hysteroscopy and possible D/C tomorrow. What can i expect for recovery time? My Dr said it may be two weeks before i feel normal. Is it really that long and will I feel that tired? I have a two year old and have been trying to find posts of people who have had this and no one really talks about thier recovery specificially. My Dr is looking for Ashermans, cycsts, polyps...pretty much going in there blind to see what they find. I have not had periods for 10 months now.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:52 AM   #14
(female)

luvmy2kids HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansmom View Post
I am scheduled for a laproscopy, hysteroscopy and possible D/C tomorrow. What can i expect for recovery time? My Dr said it may be two weeks before i feel normal.
declansmom, 2 yrs ago I had a lap, hysteroscopy, and d&c for endo and cysts, and I was feeling great and back to work in one week and one day. I'm sure it's different for everyone. The worst part for me was the gas pains (they fill your belly up with gas during the procedure) and after about the 2nd day when it trys to escape it's very painful - I felt it in my shoulders and chest - I just wanted to poke a hole and let the pressure out! Good luck tomorrow, let us know how you make out!

Old 04-03-2007, 06:42 PM   #15
(female)

REDZIE407 HB User

Hi Declansmom,
Sorry I Did Not Write You Back Sooner. All I Can Say Is Yes, Everyone's Experiance Is Going To Be Different. As For Me, I Went In March 21st For My Lap (had Left Ovary And Cyst Removed). It Was Supossed To Be Same Day Surgery, But Because I Got So Sick From The Anesthia, I Had To Stay Over Night. It Was Good I Did. The Following Day I Was Very Sore, But It Was Tolerable. I Came Home And Then The Next Day Was The Worst. I Can Only Explain It As Being Extremly Sore, Not Painful. It Was Very Hard To Get In And Out Of Bed. I Did Very Little For About 4 Or 5 Days. Each Day Got A Little Better Than The One Before. I Am Now 2 Weeks Post Op And I Feel Pretty Good. I Am Still Alittle Sore In The Belly Button, But Am Starting To Feel Myself. Yes, Very Tierd, But It Is Getting Better. I Would Say You Need A Good Two Weeks To Really Feel Better. I Am Out Of Work For 4 Weeks. I Had No Problem With The Gas, And I Hear Many Women Do. It Did Not Affect Me At All. I Wish You All The Very Best And Please, If I Can Help You Anymore, I Am Here.
Good Luck Tomorrow And God Bless...
Redzie

Closed Thread