It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2007, 10:09 AM   #1
(female)

babydreams123 HB User
maybe someone might know what this is

Hi Im new here. I thought Id ask this here and see what you think, I have been having mild cramping all the time like the ones you get with your period but this is always there. now for my periods they use to last 4-5 days and the 1st 3 days heavy but for about a year or two they only last between 1-2 days and light this one I just had the 1st day was kinda heavy used about 3 pads but that was all day and night so really thats not much and the 2nd day was pretty much almost over so weird. but I had blood test and urine sample daone and blood came back as my iron was low has been for awhile and my urine came back showing blood in the urine but not to the naked eye this has been an issue for me for a few years now when ever I get urine samples done it always shows blood in the urine so now I have to see someone for this. but what does this sound like. someone had mentioned to me maybe lupus but I dont know about that

Old 03-28-2007, 01:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jen52983 HB User
Re: maybe someone might know what this is

What does your doctor say or do about the constant blood in your urine? I'm not a doctor by any means, but when I first here of blood in the urine I think UTI (urinary tract infection) a bladder infection, or something involving the kidneys. Does this alarm them? Any pain when you go to the bathroom?

As for the change in your period, that could be natural changes are you grow. (I'm just assuming here that you're fairly young.) That's the first thought I had when reading your post.

Definitely keep on top of that blood in the urine thing. That can't be anything good.

Wish I could be more helpful. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2007, 01:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jen52983 HB User

I just realized that you also posted about stomach pains/cramps and feeling bloated. It's possible that these problems could be related to the blood in your urine.. just a thought. have you mention these problems to your doctor?

Old 03-28-2007, 04:32 PM   #4
(female)

babydreams123 HB User

Hi Im 38 as for the blood in the urine i asked my dr. about that before and he said that could just be normal for you well im no expert but i dont believe that having blood in the urine all the time is normal. they did a urine test to check for infections of any kind but came back showing no infections just blood in the urine it was actually his nurse that called me back and said we need to get this checked. so im suppose to see a urineoloigist or someone like that. im new to this board so im not sure where to post things so i post in a few different areas that i think people might read and give an opion.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:49 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jen52983 HB User

I don't think that blood in urine sounds so normal either! It would worry me.. but I do tend to be a bit paranoid with health stuff! haha.. I don't know though... seems unusual.

With the cramping/pain and strange period.. maybe its something a Gyno should be looking into, rather than your regular doctor?

My roommate is going through a whole bunch of medical drama. Turns out she has Polycystic Ovaries (not sure of the spelling.) Along with that came many other problems.. some of her symptoms where things that could easily be brushed off as just having a bad day.. headaches, and such. I mention that just incase you have anything else going on that maybe you didn't think was anything more than "crappy day."

Becareful of posting the same post in mutiple places.. could get deleted!! But you may want to try the general health board-- get some more people to see it.

Good luck.. hope you figure out what's going on.

Closed Thread