It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2007, 10:33 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

April7 HB User
3 periods in one month

Hello everyone. I have a friend and I'm very worried about her. She is 26 years old, has had one abortion about 3 years ago and 1 miscarriage about 2 years ago. She is otherwise healthy. She has not been on birth control for about 2 years. She has never had irregularities with her period. Lately, as in maybe 6 months or so, she's been very irregular. As in, getting her period too many times. In the month of March alone she is on her 3rd period. She hates doctors and is making excuses as to why she can't go, mainly because she is uninsured. I have offered to take her to Planned Parenthood and pay for her exam if she agrees to go. I know there is something wrong here, as this is not only abnormal in general but it is abnormal for her. Does anyone have any ideas of what could be going on? I'm going to do my best to get her to see a doc, and as quickly as I can, but I'd like to know what we're up against here. I'm worried for my friend.

Thanks for listening and helping me.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jen52983 HB User
Re: 3 periods in one month

How long has her period lasted? It's is a full cycle (at least 4-5 days) or is it more like she's just spotting? Does she have any other symptoms?

I'm sure there are numerous things it could be, depending on any other symptoms she may be having.

Sorry I'm not any help, and for the questions. More information may better the chance of someone having helpful input.

Definitely get her to a doctor. Even if she hates the doctors (I do too), seeing one will be much better than any of the worst case scenarios...

and I believe that all Planned Parenthoods are by donation only... no co-pay or anything like that.

Good luck to her.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2007, 02:05 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

April7 HB User

Thank you. This is not spotting between periods. These are full-on 4 to 5 day periods. Three times per month. Every time she turns around she has her period.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User

I had exactly the same problem as your friend. In my case I had 5 periods in 5 and a half weeks & mine also lasted the full 5 days. However I wasn't given a diagnosis on my problem apart from irregular periods & I was told by my GP to come back in 3 months time if its still happening. But I would get your friend to have a hormonal blood test to check for a hormonal imbalance to be on the safe side.

Closed Thread