It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2007, 12:38 PM   #1
(female)

aphsmomx3 HB User
Help please - weird symptoms, no dx

Hi!

I'm a almost-33 year old female. Had a hysterectomy {for endomitriosis} 3 years ago. Other than Asthma, Insomnia, and Migraines, generally good health. Almost never sick.

Back in Dec I started having some odd symptoms...

* Sudden wt gain. I went from being 130 pounds for the past 9 years to 165 pounds in the past 6 months. If anything I have been eating better and exercising the same as before. No new stressors in my life. And I drink caffeine about 2x a week, and fast food about 2x a week.

* Fatigue. It's general and is worse in the evening. I just feel *blah* all day.

* Excessive hair loss & dandruff. My hair usually falls out after I wash it, but over the past several months it's been alot more. Enough for my husband to even notice! And I can't get rid of the dandruff.

* Dry skin. I know we're getting over winter, but my skin has been unusually dry.

* Weird smell. *blush* Up until a few months ago I never even NEEDED deoderant {I did wear it, just didn't sweat or smell}. Now if I don't put it on twice a day I smell as bad as my pre-pubescent son. It's the same deoderant I've used most my life.

* Slurred speech. I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed back in October 06. Since around December 06 I've noticed that my speech is gets slurred at times, I have a tad of a lisp at time, and I stutter at times. Being gifted in speaking, this has NEVER been an issue for me.

My Dr checked my Cortisol and all of my Thyroids and general blood panel with everything coming back normal. {I have my numbers if anyone wants them.} My Dr pretty much said "you are right - it's not normal to gain all that wt in 6 months esp. with how active you are and your diet; but your tests are normal and I don't know what's going on. We'll see you in 6 more weeks."

*sigh*

I would love some help with this as I am unsure if this IS nothing or if I should seek a second opinion.

Please feel free to ask questions.

Thanks!
heather

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2007, 08:52 PM   #2
(female)

babydawl55 HB User
Re: Help please - weird symptoms, no dx

I read your post earlier and I was thinking about it all day. I really like tv shows like House....and there is this show on Discovery Health called "Mystery Diagnosis."

The reason your post was in my head all day is because it reminded me of an episode of Mystery Diagnosis where this skinny woman all of a sudden started gaining TONS of weight and had similar symptoms like you. I did an internet search on the show....and can't really find the exact episode.

But I am pretty sure she was finally diagnosed with Cushings.

All the doctors she had seen had dismissed the cortisol because it was still in "normal levels"......but at the highest that normal could be.

Maybe you should research Cushings further....and see if maybe it sounds like you.

Good luck! <3

Closed Thread