It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2007, 10:16 PM   #1
(female)

(s)aint HB User
yeast infection with no symptoms?

I went to my doctor last week for my yearly PAP exam, and she tells me I have a yeast infection. The strange thing is that I have had NO symptoms. I've had a little more discharge than normal, but it doesn't have an unusual odour or consistancy. There is also no burning, itching, soreness...nothing!
I bought Monistat 7 and tonight is the last pill of the treatment. My question is, how am I going to know if I am better if I had no symptoms to begin with? Should I schedule an appointment with the doc to make sure? I'm also worried about passing the infection to my boyfriend and getting back again, so I want to make sure the infection is 100% gone. Any input would be appreciated!

Old 03-30-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
(male)

nhemi2 HB User
Re: yeast infection with no symptoms?

Your doctor should have taken a swab of the area to confirm that you had a yeast infection to begin with. That being said, if you are still having a large amount of discharge you may want to go back and get a culture done. Yeast infections are fairly difficult to pass to males although it does occasionally occur. Without a swab however, you cannot be sure what the infection is. Monistat treats fungus, if the infection is bacterial in nature you may not have solved the problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread