It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
(female)

earthdayapril22 HB User
Question Help! what to choose for endo, Danazol or Lupron?

Hi, i'm almost 22 years old and this week I had a laparascopy and they found endometriosis. My doc told me she could put me in Danazol(Danocrine) or Lupron. I've read about both of them only, especially the side effects and I don't know which one is better, I think i'll go with Lupron.. can someone share experiences and opinions about these two drugs.

My concerns are:
(enhancement of unwanted hair growth--> danazol)
(Voice getting Deepen--> danazol)
Acne--> danazol

Nause/vomitting--> lupron
headaches--> lupron

and diahrrea since I suffer from it not daily but several times a month.

Please help!! I only have less than a week to choose!

Old 03-31-2007, 11:40 AM   #2
(female)

KarmaCat HB User
Re: Help! what to choose for endo, Danazol or Lupron?

Man, I didn't think Danazol was commonly prescribed for endometriosis anymore. I would strongly advise against it. The side-effects are quite bad, and the benefits are not numerous enough to warrant its use, in my opinion.

Of the two, Lupron certainly seems like the more logical choice. However, be aware that Lupron will only bring you relief for the few months that it is administered. After the drug is discontinued, the disease will continue to progress as it did before. Are you in extreme pain from your endo? If so, then Lupron may bring you a much-needed time of temporary relief from the pain. If you are not in great pain, though, you might look into something like continuous birth control pills as an alternative.

I was diagnosed with stage IV endo and was given the option to go on Lupron, but after doing some research, I declined for the time being and decided that I would only go on Lupron as a last resort, should my pain become unbearable. Instead, I went on continuous birth control pills and did well with those. I have yet to use Lupron, though I am keeping the option open in the future should I feel my situation warrants it.

It's really up to you. You don't HAVE to use it, and many women react poorly to it, but I also have friends with endo who have had very good luck with it and found complete relief for the six months they were on Lupron, plus the following three months or so.

Research, research, research. Then make your own decision. Your options are certainly more numerous than Lupron or Danazol, though. Perhaps some women who have actually used either of these drugs might be able to shed more light on the side-effects themselves, though, and whether or not it actually helped their endo.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread