It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2007, 01:37 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

sarah92202 HB User
Question need help! ?'s about cervical polyp removal & bleeding.

I had a polyp removed from my cervix during my yearly exam last thurs. (two days ago) The doc. twisted it off with polyp forceps. I notice light bleeding the rest of Thurs and yesterday, but today it ws almost completely gone until about 10 minutes ago. I sat down and felt a rush of blood and now I'm bleeding like regular period. Is this normal? The doc didn't even mention I would have any bleeding at all. I have felt uncomfortable up there the last 2 days and had a back ache, don't know if the backache is related or not. He also gave me drops out of an unmarked bottle, and he said they were progesterone drops. I am on the second week of my BCP so I shouldn't be starting my period. Any suggestions? Has anyone experienced this or had polyps removed? Thanks, Sarah

The Following User Says Thank You to sarah92202 For This Useful Post:
kd506 (02-15-2012)
Old 03-31-2007, 07:53 PM   #2
(male)

nhemi2 HB User
Re: need help! ?'s about cervical polyp removal & bleeding.

Some bleeding is normal after this procedure. Patients can expect some light flow for about 2 weeks. If your bleeding becomes heavy, you develop a fever, or you have increasing pelvic pain you should see a doctor immediately. The fact that you received drops out of an unmarked bottle is somewhat concerning...it is law that all medications are to be properly labeled...maybe you just didn't notice a label?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2008, 04:09 AM   #3
(female)

spinaltap HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah92202 View Post
I had a polyp removed from my cervix during my yearly exam last thurs. (two days ago) The doc. twisted it off with polyp forceps. I notice light bleeding the rest of Thurs and yesterday, but today it ws almost completely gone until about 10 minutes ago. I sat down and felt a rush of blood and now I'm bleeding like regular period. Is this normal? The doc didn't even mention I would have any bleeding at all. I have felt uncomfortable up there the last 2 days and had a back ache, don't know if the backache is related or not. He also gave me drops out of an unmarked bottle, and he said they were progesterone drops. I am on the second week of my BCP so I shouldn't be starting my period. Any suggestions? Has anyone experienced this or had polyps removed? Thanks, Sarah
i to had a polyp removed yesterday and today feeling soreness. and pinching not to
mention slight bleed. what was your outcome.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:29 AM   #4
Veteran

Mod08 HB UserMod08 HB UserMod08 HB User

Please do not respond to messages older than 30 days or so. Always start a new thread if the one you wish to respond to is old, especially if you have your own questions.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Closed Thread