It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2007, 09:06 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

nuttygirl HB User
Having my period for second time this month??

Hi,
I had my period a week early this last month(March) which for me is strange, I'm always pretty regular. It came on the 7th and lasted 5 days. I then felt I ovulated a week later(I can tell when I do, cramp, discharge, etc) and then Friday I started my period again! I'm 37 yrs old. Could I be beginning my 'change' already? Should I see my gyn? I just had my pap, hormone testing, mammogram, etc in December and everything was fine. This is just weird for my body and my hubby thinks maybe I'm having an early miscarriage? My bleeding right now is kind of heavy with alot of cramping which I don't normally have with my normal periods.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Tori

Old 04-02-2007, 07:19 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User
Re: Having my period for second time this month??

Hi Tori,

Yes, it's possible your cycles are starting to change at 37. This is not to say you are anywhere near going through menopause. Our cycles can start changing many years (10 or more), before we actually start missing them. I'm 48, and I noticed my cylces changing (getting shorter llike yours), a couple of years ago. It could have been happening before that, but I didn't notice, as I was very busy during those years. In reality, I never kept good track of my periods until the last few years.

If this continue's to happen, you may what to give your Doc a call, but since you were checked out in December, all is probably fine. By the way, hormone testing will not really show any significant change, until your almost done having periods. Mine have just started to change slightly, but I don't really miss a period yet, although I'm not ovulating regularly anymore.
I also can tell when I ovulate, and yes many times it's only a week after my period. Mine were also quite heavy for a couple years, and now are lighter, and only last about 3 days.

You might want to check out the menopause board, especially if you get other sypmtoms.

Hope this helps.

Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2007, 08:30 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

nuttygirl HB User
Re: Having my period for second time this month??

Thanks Mary!
I think I'll let this ride for another month and see what happens. I'm keeping track of everything on my calendar so I'll be ready when I go to the gyn! When I had my hormone testing done, although everything was in the 'normal' range, I checked and my estrogen was kind of on the low normal side as well as my testosterone. And even though my pap came back normal the gyn said my cervix bled every time she touched it with the swab, like it was irritated or I was menstruating. My period has passed 10 days prior to that and because of the pap I avoided sex for 3 days prior so not sure where that was coming from but she didn't seem too concerned once the results came back normal.

Anyway.....thanks for replying! I'll keep on eye on it and see what happens =)

Take Care,
Tori

Closed Thread