It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2007, 04:15 PM   #1
(female)

rachelm HB User
Possibly Pregnant

I have been having nausea for more than two weeks now. Mostly in the morning and after I eat. I visited my doctor last week for a blood test. The HCG level was 7. The doctor explained any number above 5 is considered "pregnant." She told me to immediately stop taking my birth control pills and come back next week for a retest just to make sure. It has been three days since I stopped taking the pills and now I am spotting. Would this be a result of just stopping the pills? Is this a sign I am not pregnant? I have read many articles about spotting early on and that's normal, but I am not sure if that's what is happening or if it is from the pills.

Old 04-01-2007, 05:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User
Re: Possibly Pregnant

The spotting you are having now could be either related to pregnancy (not necessarily implantation, a lot of women spot in early pregnancy) or from stopping BCPs (I did spot about 4 days after taking my last active BCP when I stopped the pill though I was not pregnant). Like the doc said, you need to go back and retest in a few days. Usually HCG levels of less than 5 are considered negative and greater than 25 are pregnant. The numbers between 5-25 could pretty much go either way--it could be a chemical pregnancy (resulting in early miscarriage) if the beta numbers don't double as they should.

For now, you should consider yourself pregnant until you get the 2nd blood test to confirm.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread