It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007, 06:33 AM   #1
(female)

pris72 HB User
Angry Length of time for pap results.

I had my pap smear almost 2 weeks ago at my local health dept.I called them today to ask how long it takes to get my results. She said around FOUR weeks, and they will mail me something.Doesn't 4 weeks seem a little long, or is that normal?I never remember the results taking more than a week in the past, but then again I was able to go to my Gyno. vs.having to go to a public health center. I have no med. ins.,so I had no choice but to go there.I guess it just upsets me knowing my history with the HPV,dysplasia,Colposcopies,Biopsies and the LEEP. I also know that I have a lot of problems right now which are signs of cervical cancer which has spread, and I am very eager to see these results.Have any of you waited almost a month to get your results? Ughhhhh this is driving me nuts.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:10 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Shshi HB UserShshi HB User
Re: Length of time for pap results.

Hi, my Pap results usually take about two weeks to get back, but I imagine, since yours was done at a public health center, that it would take longer (everything with the government seems to take longer!)

Just hang in there, and I hope you get a good report.

Hugs,

Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #3
(female)

fairydust7 HB User

I think it really varies. The previous place I went to was a big military hospital (madigan army medical center in ft. lewis WA) and it took about 4 weeks probably cause they dealt with a huge amount of people. and they just sent you a card in the mail and the card was either checked off normal, lgsil, or hgsil and then it was up to you to call and make a colposcopy appt if it was lgsil or hgsil.

Here at the base we're stationed at now it takes about 2 weeks and they call you with the results. But this place serves a fraction of what our previous base served.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:43 PM   #4
(female)

DiamondLight HB User

I went to my gyn and was told three weeks. The waiting is no fun...hang in there.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:36 AM   #5
(female)

pris72 HB User

Thank you for your replies. The weird thing is someone from the health dept. called my cell phone around 8pm last night while I was at work. I worked until 11pm yesterday.I am going to call them up here in a little while to see what they called about, which I think I already know.I am confused as to why they called my cell phone, because I used it as a second contact # only. They didn't call my house first, because it wasn't on my caller ID.Well I will post more if they are indeed calling about my pap results.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:55 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Bernice HB User

I usually get something in the mail within a week, sometime a week and half. This last pap (was abnormal) took 2 weeks for my doctor to call me. That's because they were testing me for HPV, which I also have.

Bernice

Closed Thread