It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007, 05:07 PM   #1
(female)

stefdixon HB User
Unhappy SEVERE cramps and HEAVY bleeding

I am 16, and I havent been sexually active for a year. Everytime I have my period I have light cramping the week before. When I am on my period, I have a heavy flow and severe cramps for the first 3 days. My cramps are so bad I am in tears. I can't stand up and I tend to vomit. The bleeding is so bad that I have to continue to change my tampon every 30minutes to an hour, and I use super size. The cramping is bad, even after I have taken medicine. All I drink is water when I am on my period. I never seem to have an appetite the first few days either. I use two different heating pads, take hot baths, and medications. The most I get out of it is slight pain reduce that doesn't last long, and I am still unable to continue with regular activities. It has been like this for about two years now and it seems like each time it gets worse. What can I do and is there anything wrong with me?

Old 04-09-2007, 07:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User
Re: SEVERE cramps and HEAVY bleeding

it has been centuries since i have had severe cramps but i do remember them. they will let up once you have a child but i am betting that that is not an option. so maybe some birth control pills is the answer. they should be able to help. this is a legitimate reason to use them. so go to a planned parenthood clinic if you must but give it a try. God bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2007, 07:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB User

Your kind of young but you may have fibroids, talk to your OBGYN Doc, they are so wonderful about helping with these things. Or the birth control pills may straighten it up. Oh the pains of growing.......Good luck to you

Old 04-11-2007, 10:47 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User

BC pills do infact help the severe cramps! i had them terribly and would cry and vomit also and ever since ive been on BC i get none of that. a small cramp here and there but nothing compared to what i experienced before. you should look into that .

Old 04-11-2007, 11:30 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tarheel247 HB User

i posted about these cramps on the other "period" post in the teen health section. asprin will help with the cramps and thin the clots that cause them. and theres a way to get the clots to pass..read the post.. but if you are a heavy bleeder you need to see your doc. the cramps are the norm but the heavy bleeding would be a concern.

Last edited by tarheel247; 04-11-2007 at 11:31 AM.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:49 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel247 View Post
i posted about these cramps on the other "period" post in the teen health section. asprin will help with the cramps and thin the clots that cause them. and theres a way to get the clots to pass..read the post.. but if you are a heavy bleeder you need to see your doc. the cramps are the norm but the heavy bleeding would be a concern.

From the way the poster is describing and from my similar experince, asprin and any other medication doesnt help. nothing will, it will only "ease" it. the only real thing that helped me was the bc pills. thats why we are all letting her know that.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:17 PM   #7
(female)

Bluesy HB User

Birth control does help some. Everyone is different though. Ever since I got on BC it has helped me quite a bit. Just see your OBGYN and ask them what's best for you and your cramps.

Last edited by Bluesy; 04-13-2007 at 03:17 PM.

Closed Thread