It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007, 11:02 PM   #1
(female)

ebon_aurora HB User
Bacterial Vaginosis and Pelvic inflammatory disease.

Has anyone here ever heard of BV being a cause for PID? Anyone ever experienced it or known anyone who has experienced it? I've read that this is possible and am thinking about bringing the possibility up to my doc, but I'm afraid of getting shot down. (I've been sick for over a year now and the only thing they can find is an elevated white blood cell count-indicative of continued infection-and was just recently diagnosed with BV that I suspect I've had the entire time.) I hope some of you can give me some insight. I've noticed these boards have been pretty slow these days. Thanks!

Old 04-10-2007, 04:06 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

morrisun HB User
Re: Bacterial Vaginosis and Pelvic inflammatory disease.

I've had PID in the past. It was extremely painful, my wbc was very high and I think I had a fever as well. It came on very quickly and I had to be hospitalized and treated with IV antibiotics.

They told me it most likely was from an STD and then pretty much accused my DH of cheating on me. Turns out I didn't have an STD, and I don't think they ever determined what caused it.

I've had BV in the past once, but it was long after I had the uterine infection, and I don't believe I had BV around the time of the infection.
PCOS

Last edited by morrisun; 04-10-2007 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Grammatical Error

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User
Re: Bacterial Vaginosis and Pelvic inflammatory disease.

I looked your question up cause I had not a clue but did find the answers. There are a nunmner of sites that say that BV if left untreated can cause PID.
The bacteria that cause BV can sometimes cause PID, an infection of a woman's uterus (womb) and fallopian tubes. PID can cause infertility . It can also increase a woman's risk for ectopic pregnancy.
I also read that BV can increase a woman's chances of getting other STDs, such as chlamydia and gonorrhea. I had no idea about that.

Closed Thread