It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2007, 11:25 AM   #1
(female)

girl18 HB User
Vaginal Odor. Need Advice please!

I am 22 year old female. My boyfriend was performing oral sex on me a few nights ago and told me that my vaginal area smelled different. He said it was a much stronger scent and i could tell he didn't like it. I noticed it too. He actually described the taste as "acidy", whatever that means. I asked him if he thinks it smells fishy and he said no. Earlier that same day, I had unbelieveably painful itching down there for a couple hours. Then it just stopped. I haven't had that before. I just started birth control pills and am on my second pack of avianne. I got my period the day after my boyfriend told me this so I was thinking maybe it smelled different because I am getting my period? However, last month (which was the 1st month on bc pills) I didn't have this problem. We have been having sex a lot and sometimes it burns after we are done when I go to the bathroom. Could this have something to do with it? I have had a yeast infection before and I don't think that is what this is. My discharge is not thick like cottage cheese and it doesn't have that bread like smell. What could this be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2007, 01:21 PM   #2
(female)

jessparm HB User
Re: Vaginal Odor. Need Advice please!

I would go to your doc. Just to be safe. Burning and pain after sex doesn't sound good. Just go and get a pelvic exam and let him know the problems you are having.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2007, 06:18 PM   #3
(female)

Kipper3972 HB User
Thumbs down Re: Vaginal Odor. Need Advice please!

It sounds like thrush to me, but I would go to your local doctors or call NHS direct just to make sure.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:37 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User
Re: Vaginal Odor. Need Advice please!

Thrush and a yeast infection are the same thing. Yeast infection occurs when the normal levels of acid and yeast in the vagina are out of balance, which allows yeast to overgrow causing an uncomfortable, but not serious, condition called yeast infection.

The foods you eat can cause you to smell differently in the vagina. Eating less meat and meat products, and more fruit and vegetables have a very good effect on vaginal odor. Also, you must drink at least 2 liters of water daily.

Vaginitis is an inflammation of the vagina characterized by discharge, irritation and/or itching. It's similar to a yeast infection. BV is another thing you could have bur because you said you burn when going to the bathroom you could also have a bladder infection.

Best to make and appointment with your doctor and have him do a wet culture or smear to determine what you really have. If it is any of the above it's not serious just really annoying

Closed Thread