It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 10:19 PM   #1
(female)

julbox3134 HB User
Clean Person, Bad Vaginal Odor

I am a very clean person and all the men I have ever been with comment on this more than once. My problem is that during the summer months (I live in Georgia and usually at night) I sweat alot between my inner thighs and it results in the worst odor possible. It isn't the fishy odor tht women talk about incessently, it is just not a pleasant one at all and it makes spontaneous sex almost impossible because I don't want to offend anyone so I always have to take a bath and scrub because I am so paranoid about it. Is there any medication to help control the sweating or something else I can do. The sprays and powders don't work. Also, it seems like once it is in your underwear you can't get it out even with clorox. I don't mean to be gross but would love to find out if I am alone on this and is there something I can do to eradicate it?

Old 04-12-2007, 04:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Re: Clean Person, Bad Vaginal Odor

You shouldnt have to take a full on bath a quick wash with a washcloth should do the trick. Try throwing in a cup of white winegar into your wash. Works wonders at getting out smells.
Have you tried talking to your doctor? That could be an option.
You say at night so is this while your sleeping? If so then maybe try changing the type of sheets you use. Also if you sleep with clothes on try a couple of nights without to see if that helps.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2007, 06:33 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User
Wink Re: Clean Person, Bad Vaginal Odor

I personally would still get checked for BV,ESPECIALLY if your sweating so much at night, I sweat very bad at night between the legs,and yes, my vaginal area carries the sweat smell.....ITs gross,BUT that sweat can throw off your vaginal PH,which can lead to infection.Yknow?.Id say see your doctor,just get checked(better safe then sorry)Dont wear undies to bed!(infact any oppertunity you have to it naked down there,go 4 it!..)Let it breathe!!!! You could TRY rePHesh....Its a vaginal gel that balances out your vaginal PH......Good luck Hun!!!!!!!

Old 04-12-2007, 03:38 PM   #4
(female)

julbox3134 HB User

What is BV?

Old 04-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

BV = Bacterial Vaginosis
The signs of it are an unpleasant, fish-like odor, grayish-white, foul-smelling discharge, vaginal itching or irritation, a stronger vaginal odor after intercourse, or odor that persists regardless of how often you wash yourself along with a soreness or rash

Old 04-12-2007, 04:26 PM   #6
(female)

julbox3134 HB User

No, I've been checked before because I thought maybe it could be something along those lines. I don't mean to be gross, but it only happens at night and in the summer since I live in the south it is always so hot and humid here. I am an overweight person and do have large thighs and I'm sure that contributes to it, but still I shouldn't be that way right after stepping out of the tub drying off, then sweating and then bingo it is right back again. I don't have any discharge or anything like that. It just seems to go hand and hand with sweating and I was just wondering if they made any type of cream/spray like an anti-perspirant for that area. I don't want something to mask it over, it I want something that will stop the problem.

Old 04-13-2007, 11:44 AM   #7
(female)

plainjayne HB User

i had bv twice and the itch was like having fire ants in my knickers! i use a feminine soap(you dont use it like a douche) you use it for the whole of your body but its formulated to be kind to your lady areas!i wash every evening but im sure im not smelling like roses down there in the morning i use vaginal wipes during the day if its hot or i have my period to keep me clean. remember that using the wrong type of soap and/or washing too often can make your vaginal ph unbalanced and make bad smells

Old 04-13-2007, 03:07 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainjayne View Post
i had bv twice and the itch was like having fire ants in my knickers! i use a feminine soap(you dont use it like a douche) you use it for the whole of your body but its formulated to be kind to your lady areas!i wash every evening but im sure im not smelling like roses down there in the morning i use vaginal wipes during the day if its hot or i have my period to keep me clean. remember that using the wrong type of soap and/or washing too often can make your vaginal ph unbalanced and make bad smells
What I guess I would reccommend is showering and then put powder on your inner thighs,it should asorb the sweat on the thighs....I dont know hun.Sorry.Let me know if it works.

Closed Thread