It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007, 11:25 AM   #1
(female)

dyana HB User
BV and celibate

doctor is treating me for BV with Flagyl. I looked it up on the net and it says it is caused from being infected by a mate. Tricho something. Can you be celibate and still get this. I didn't think to ask him. Cusrious. Thanks Dyana

Old 04-12-2007, 11:58 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User
Re: BV and celibate

BV is caused by alot of things, not just by a mate.Its all vaginal PH screwed upI had BV for over a year!! No meds helped, Just RePHesh vaginal gel.(Walmart)It could be your mate, or douching,just an imbalance.I take Acidillious daily.(its good for BV,and keeping it away...its a PRO vitamin)Hopefully, yours goes away. Flagyl causes yeast infections too.Look BV up on web MD, theres so much more to it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2007, 01:22 PM   #3
(female)

dyana HB User

Thanks Sha4606. The reason he put me on flagyl is because the end of Feb. I almost bled to death and was rushed to the ER and had emergency Colon resection. During a routine blood and urine test he discovered I had a bad bladder infection. Flagyl can treat that also in case I have the infection back. To be honest I don't think I do. I itch like crazy and have had it also for over a year off and on. I have tried a product called Vagi-gard that is iodine and peroxide. I was taking AZO yeast away but with all the meds I am on I am afraid to take anything. Nothing has really helped. No discharge but itching even in hair and around my bottom. Monastat, nothing has helped. I will try the reFresh next or have him test further next week when I go in again. Thanks again,Dyana

Old 04-13-2007, 06:55 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User

Just let me know how your doin....Shannon

Old 04-13-2007, 08:02 AM   #5
(female)

frankiesmom HB User

Dyana -

You could try anti-fungal cream that guys use for jock itch. That's what the doctor told me to use on my baby girl when she had a yeast infection and it cleared within a day.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:11 AM   #6
(female)

dyana HB User

Frankiesmom, thanks I have tried that. I have tried diaper rash meds, boric acid, Enough to drive me crazy. I am 52 so I thought maybe a symptom of menopause but doctor thinks I am over that. The flagyl has helped a little but I have only been taking it for 2 days. There is no odor or discharge so it is puzzling. Thanks, Dyana

Closed Thread