It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2007, 06:24 PM   #1
(female)

lovenatasha HB User
Faintness, and severe pain *please help*

I'm 20 years old and nearly every time that I get my period I have severe cramps, feel as though I am going to pass out (even if I am sitting), become really pale, feel like throwing up (but don't), feel like all the heat leaves my body and get hot all at once for a second then am cold for the duration, and I can do nothing but lay in bed in agony until it finally ceases. Taking Ib profen helps somewhat if I can take it soon enough. I've been having these symptoms since I started my period when I was 12. I was told that they are just a part of how it starts, but by now I'm starting to wonder. I've been doing some reseach, does anyone know if this sounds like it could be the result of anemia?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2007, 06:29 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Faintness, and severe pain *please help*

If you have anemia, it is being caused by these periods. It is more likely to be raging hormones that are affecting you. Can you go on birth control pills? That can ease a lot of this. I had to get them for my daughter, she was just the same and she took them til she was over 20. When she stopped, the problem was by and large gone. It is common, but you don't have to put up with it in this day and age.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread