It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2007, 01:04 AM   #1
(female)

sognoazzuro HB User
i dont see myself as others see me

I am 22 and I've always had weight issues. I've always been a "little bit over the average" as my doctor once said, but in the past 8 years I've gained nearly 10 lbs a year! I'm 210 and I started going to a professional gym at the beginning of March. I feel much healthier working out for at least an hour 5 days a week, and I'm also doing strength training so maybe that is why I dont weigh less. This issue consumes my mind all day, everyday, and I'm exhausted from being concerned all the time. My friends tell me I'm beautiful and I have some nice features, I dress well for my body but I feel under so much pressure from beautiful people in the media. I want to lose weight so bad but I don't see light at the end of the tunnel. I dont know what its like to be skinny, I can barely imagine its possible. I have not dated one person in 4 years and that really depresses me because I have a lot going for me and I'm a well rounded person with a number of talents. How can I make the weight issue less hindering on my mentality and turn that into a confidence that will make me more attractive? Any advice or people going through the same thing?

Old 04-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #2
(female)

PiercedPunkette HB User
Re: i dont see myself as others see me

Look, I use to be in your position. I use to weigh 210 also. After diet and exercise for over 2 months I've lost about 30 lbs! If your going to the gym, you should be losing weight, but the strength training probably is going to make you bulky. You could be gaining muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat. If you want to lose weight, it is possible! I use to think i'd never lose weight and i'd be overweight forever, but i'm losing weight now, and it is possible! It's possible for anyone that just tries. Losing weight is all about calorie intake anyway. Eat less calories and work out to burn it off! Also instead of strength training, do cardio workouts and aerobics! That will lean you up!I'm sure your a beautiful person! Don't be so hard on yourself and don't concern yourself with other people! Listen to your friends when they say your beautiful! You are!
Good Luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2007, 03:05 PM   #3
(female)

ricenbeanz HB User

I agree with Pierced, don't be so hard on yourself and listen to your friends who are telling you how valuable a person you are. Successful weight loss takes a long time and a lifestyle change, and it sounds like you are moving in the right direction. Please don't get discouraged. I nearly lost my now 28 yr. old daughter to an eating disorder 10 years ago. She was in the hospital, under 80 lbs., with her hair falling out and some of her organs failing, and she too didn't see herself as others saw her. You are doing the right things. Be patient and your body will come around.

Old 04-17-2007, 05:43 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

LisaFaith HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sognoazzuro View Post
I feel under so much pressure from beautiful people in the media.

You can't compare yourself to celebrities. The majority of them aren't as perfect as they appear. They have been airbrushed, and have on tons of make-up. Plus a lot of them have had many plastic surgeries, and they all have personal trainers, dieticians, and people to cook for them. Their job is to look great. If normal people had all of the resources that celebrities have, we would all be perfect .

Find the things about yourself that you like, and focus on those. Continue to workout, and eat healthy. You won't be successful at your weightloss goals if you are down and depressed. LOVE YOURSELF FOR THE PERSON YOU ARE INSIDE.

Closed Thread