It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2007, 05:27 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

luv2sing HB User
SO tired the week of my period...

The week of my period, I am so tired no matter how much sleep I get. And I all I WANNA do is sleep! Anyone have any recs on how to get through the week?

Old 04-15-2007, 05:50 PM   #2
(female)

threethings07 HB User
Re: SO tired the week of my period...

that used to happen to me (i have to take the pill continuously now for pain problems). i used to try my best to get a full 8 hours of sleep that week as well as drink plenty of water. i would also take vitamins and try and eat fresh fruits and veges. all of that seemed to help somewhat!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2007, 09:34 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

marinewife12 HB User

Threethings is correct. During your period it's extremely important to combat the symptoms with some good old fashioned clean living.

One major thing that helps is exercise. Get out and take a walk. I swear, it sounds stupid, and the last thing you usually want to do is move. But I promise it helps give you more energy.

Get hydrated! Make it a point to start drinking water whenever possible. Strive for 64oz a day. Cut out the pop if you can, and substitute with water.

Try to eat well. The phrase "you are what you eat" is so true.

Basically you should be doing things you would be doing anyway...but make it a bit more extreme. If you usually drink water...drink more. If you usually exercise, go an extra 20 minutes. Or split up the exercising into two times a day (work out at some point, then take a walk before dinner). Just make it more pronounced.

If it's still not working, then talk to your doctor. They may be able to give you a good vitamin to take, or maybe just tell you to take a mydol. Sometimes that's all I need to help me get out of my armchair.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:59 AM   #4
(female)

gemini123 HB User

Anaemia could be the cause of your tiredness.
Check out the anaemia board. Do you get other symptoms? It could just be a case of eating iron rich foods and some light excersise. If in doubt or experiencing other symptoms ask your doctor for a full blood count test to check for anaemia and iron stores

Closed Thread