It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2007, 11:48 AM   #1
(female)

Yamyam HB User
Bacterial Vaginosis and hydrogen peroxide

Hi there,

I have bacterial vaginosis (due to Gardnerella) since my puberty started and I read some posts and research about hydrogen peroxide 3% that should help. It said that I should look at the drugsstore, but I don't know where to look? I thought it should be with the cleaning liquids and such, but I looked there and couldn't find it. What is it used for normally then? Don't they sell in the Netherlands? And isn't it the same as the 3% hydrogen peroxide you use to bleach your hair a little? If so, I suppose I can order that from a hairdressercompany or something.

It's too bad because until now I have never really had a boyfriend and it looks like I'm in the start of a relationship; and I just feel very ashamed of it and I need to tell him sometime. + it will probably only worsen because when putting fingers or penises, doesn't matter if it's with a condom or clean in my vagina, it seems to stimulate the Gardenerella bacteria. And it's starting to get summer here so I want to wear skirts and such but sometimes you can smell the vaginisosthing.

I'm somewhat low spirited indeed...tried so many things that didn't work...actually just wanted to ask the question about the peroxide.

Old 04-17-2007, 07:08 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User
Red face Re: Bacterial Vaginosis and hydrogen peroxide

[QUOTE=******;2927404]Hi there,
I had it for over a year,and I was under the impression you CAN use regular paroxide! Seriously, try it, and take Acidillious daily also, that helps majorly!!Id also try rePHesh vaginal gel too.(thats what got rid of it for me)goodluck...keep me posted!!!!!!!!

Last edited by DNSX3; 04-17-2007 at 07:09 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2007, 01:02 AM   #3
(female)

Yamyam HB User
Re: Bacterial Vaginosis and hydrogen peroxide

[QUOTE=sha4606;2928365]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Hi there,
I had it for over a year,and I was under the impression you CAN use regular paroxide! Seriously, try it, and take Acidillious daily also, that helps majorly!!Id also try rePHesh vaginal gel too.(thats what got rid of it for me)goodluck...keep me posted!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the info, but as I just asked, where can I find the peroxide?

Old 04-18-2007, 04:55 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User

walmart, kmart.......any drug store.Its such a common product.I thought ya asked for a "certain" kind of paroxide,sorry.At the pharmacy at your doctors office.....Dollar store.Good luck.Paroxide should be by the bandages,and stuff for cuts and scrapes.

Last edited by DNSX3; 04-18-2007 at 04:56 AM.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:36 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

It's usually in the aisle with the band-aids, ointments creams for burns, scraps, and cuts. Next to the alcohol, idione, for cuts and scraps.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:43 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User

Yes and most peroxide ive seen is usually in a brown bottle. So look for that. And if you still cant find it after what we have said ask an employee..dont be embarassed they will have no clue what you are really using it for.

Old 04-20-2007, 04:37 AM   #7
(female)

Yamyam HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sha4606 View Post
walmart, kmart.......any drug store.Its such a common product.I thought ya asked for a "certain" kind of paroxide,sorry.At the pharmacy at your doctors office.....Dollar store.Good luck.Paroxide should be by the bandages,and stuff for cuts and scrapes.
hehe in the Netherlands we don't have a Walmart of Kmart, but I'll take a look with the bandages and stuff.

Closed Thread