It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2007, 05:17 AM   #1
(female)

growla HB User
Poss endo/IBS

I have a history of ovarian cysts.(had surgery 2xs at 16 to remove the cysts).Was put on BCP to control (Not working). I had no trouble getting pg with my 1st child, tried for 1.5 yrs for second child went to endo/fert sp. had a test run(cant remember name) dye was put in and one of my tubes was blocked and they said prob. the reason cant get pg. tried IVF, didnt take but got pg 3 months later. After 2nd child periods became horrible, very heavy, very painful, couldnt get off couch first two days of period.

2004-throwing up/diareaha(sp) for 3 weeks went to hospital and appendix was removed, a carcinoid tumor(cancer) was found at tip, removal was dx.This was performed while in Germany as hubby is in Air Force. Translation barriers like mad. I have had diareaha/constipation since that time. Now I have diareaha all the time approx 4 times a day.

I was also put on the BCP's 3 months at a time then have a period. This at least cut down on the amount of times a year I had to deal with the pain.
Over the last year the pain has gotten worse and worse.

Here are my current sypmtoms:
pain in lower right quad (where my appendix was)
Pain on the mid-lower left side
pain in the lower right in my back that sometimes shoots down the back of my leg.
New pain for last 2 days in upper abd where my ribs come together in the middle. I have had this pain before off and on but had not been related to the pain in my lower abd. until 2 days ago!
Sometimes painful after intercourse
swollen abdomen like i am about 4 months pg(I have been very skinny my whole life, weight gain over last yr 135lbs to 160lbs. Over the last two weeks I have had very little appetite and have lost 10 lbs.
I have bouts of what is just like morning sickness, first thing when i wake up, usually when i wake up early. then fine rest of day.

I have been to see a gastro dr a GYN and a family dr on base.They keep passing me back and forth saying the issue is the other dr. ARGH! I have been to the ER 3 times since Feb for pain meds. My Gastro dr tells me all my results are good blood, urine, stool, octreoscan(to check the carcinoid tumor)I have IBS, take more fiber and drink more fluids! -Also found out that the blood test CRP- came back high at 12 (8 is normal range).My dr didnt even know what CRP was and had to look it up. So i did my own looking today and it says its inflamation somewhere. My GYN tells me alls good(except for uterine polyps that are supposed to be removed hopefully this week)go back to Gastro dr and take motrin for pain! Motrin does nothing for the pain! it just eases the pressure feeling.

I went to the base dr and he gave me antidepresents!!!! (Without telling me that he was doing this) and has ordered an ultrasound of my gallbladder tomorrow.

I had a MRI done today to see if anything endo comes up before doing the polyp removal. I would like to go under as little as poss.

Also, my hubby is about to deploy to the desert next week.

Im in so much pain and I feel terrible, Im tired and now my doc think this is all in my head!!! Anyone else go through this? Im so confused.

Help or i might really need those damn antidepressants!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2007, 11:57 AM   #2
(female)

declansmom HB User
Re: Poss endo/IBS

Hi there,
Your pains and symptoms sound a lot like what I have been going through. The fourth gyno that I went to did a laproscopy and hysteroscopy and found severe endometerosis and thick scare ahesions. The previous Dr's all said IBS, depression, everything except this. I too may have my appendix removed soon due to chronic pain and swelling.

Ask for a laproscopy. I think that is the only way it can be diagnosed. I too had ultrasounds, MRI, blood work, exams, everything came back normal. ONe Dr told me it was just stress.

Hang in there. The MRI might find something. If not, ask for the laproscopy.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:08 AM   #3
(female)

growla HB User
Re: Poss endo/IBS

Well i had to take another trip to ER yesterday. I was bent over in pain crying, shaking, trying to throw up at my office so the took me to the ER. They pulled the results of the MRI-Everything looked normal no endometrial mass or polyp noted. No evidence of uterine fibroid. Showing small amount of free fluid in pelvic area. Some prominent veins found along the subserosal surface of the uterus. The Ultrasound of gallbladder came back good as well no definate abnormality the only thing they saw was a hemangenoma on my liver which was found on CT in 2005.

I have asked the GYN to do a lapro she wanted the MRI first, but she really doesnt want to do another lapro cause i had one in 2004 and 2 when i was 16! Maybe when she goes in to remove the polyps she will find more info and can do what needs to be done. The ER doc wants me to go back to gastro dr again. I will have to find a new one as the last one i was not impressed with at ALL!!

I am almost starting to think I am crazy. My job is suffering, my social life is suffering. My husband leaves next week for the desert. Yes, I am being a whiney little baby and I dont care. I am tired of feeling like this and everyone thinking I am crazy.

Closed Thread