It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2007, 03:40 PM   #16
(female)

Busygirl HB User
Re: wetness under the armpits! driving me nuts!

FYI. The name of the surgery is Endoscopic Thoracic Sympathectomy (ETS) surgery. Sounds like you could either have the surgery or have the nerve clamped with titanium clips.
Underarm sweating is called axillary hyperhidrosis.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:16 PM   #17
Veteran
(female)

Sherri-Lynne HB User

Hi hon my DH had the same problem. He started using a product called DRYSOL. You can get it over the counter but it's behind the counter. You just have to ask the pharmisist. It has helped him so much. He has used it for 6 months and has not sweat since. Good luck, Sherri.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2007, 04:46 PM   #18
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

You can call any dermatologists office and tell them your want botox for your underarms. Some offices will tell you over the phone the price but others will probably suggest that you come in for a consulation. Ask if there is a fee for the consult. My derm did not charge for the first 2 times I went in to see her. Botox for my eyes and forehead was $350

Old 08-06-2007, 04:47 PM   #19
(male)

male08 HB User
Thumbs down Re: wetness under the armpits! driving me nuts!

TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE THINKING OF DRYSOL-
: First of all, Drysol is to applied during the evening before you go to bed because it is most active when you are not sweating and your sweat glands turn off during sleep. The problem with the product is it stings, burns, and itches all night while it is shrinking the pores in your armpit. Sleep will not be guaranteed what so ever. Also, the product only stays active on your skin for about a week. So if you have no problem loosing a night of sleep every week then go right ahead.

: Secondly, after getting out of bed in the morning you notice that your skin will burn and probably be red and irritated. You'll notice that washing your pits will become more difficult and putting on ANY deodorant WILL hurt/burn/sting for the next 30 minutes to an hour. If you can take pain for up to 4 days, then this product is still ok for you.

: Understand though, that this is purely what happened to me. Though I've tried the product numerous times it still does the same thing and it isn't cheap either! It DOES stop you from sweating and it is good in that way, but who wants to deal with pain every time you move your arm back and forth? -not me- Personally since I am a guy and I obviously don't shave my pits, I would guess that a girl who uses this product would have even more sensitivity and I would cringe to see her shaving her pits after a night using Drysol. -OUCH!- I'd say go for certain dry, which is what I'm planning on doing as soon as I can get to a local drugstore. I see it is 5.50 for a bottle of it, but hey, its cheaper that Drysol and I'm more willing to try that versus choosing Drysol.

: I strongly advise you to try the less painful route before you end up ruining your pits and turning this problem into a painful situation. -Good luck to you both-

-GAVIN-

Old 08-09-2007, 04:50 AM   #20
(male)

joe8807 HB User

Have you used Driclor?? Its AMAZING use this and all your worries will be gone

Old 08-09-2007, 05:05 AM   #21
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

Two totally successful (but drastic) treatments are botox and surgical removal of some of the sweat glands in the armpit. Everything else seems to work for a while, if at all, but these are much longer-lasting. My SIL had the surgery years ago and has never had a problem since. Half-day surgery, stitches out next week, never looked back.

Closed Thread