It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2007, 03:08 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User
wetness under the armpits! driving me nuts!

Someone..anyone...im at my wits end with this problem. Ive tried everything and im tired of sweating so much under my armpits that i find myself always wearing black shirts to cover up the wetness it makes! I even spent the $8 lousy dollars on that new secret clinical stuff...applied it at bedtime like it says and still nothing. I will get out of the shower and dry myself off and not more than 5 minutes later i can feel my armpits wet again. i really have found nothing that works that well. its always there one way or another..it seems worse in the winter time...and i dont even sweat really other than there...
can anyone help or give advice please?!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2007, 09:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User
Re: wetness under the armpits! driving me nuts!

nobody has any problem like this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2007, 09:59 AM   #3
(female)

camina HB User

That happens to me once and a while. I will just walk from school to my car and realize that I'm starting to sweat. Have you tried the product Certain Dri? I bought mine at Walgreens and it stopped my sweat probelem by at least 80%. You apply it at bedtime and never after a shower (that's what it states on the box...) That's the only product I've tried and I noticed a difference. Give it a try if you haven't already...keep us posted.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User

Yes i have tried certain dri. the only problem with certain dri and the new secret clinical is even if i do apply it at bedtime...i take my showers in the morning which pretty much defeats the purpose of putting it on. so i dont really know what to do.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:47 PM   #5
(female)

camina HB User

Oh I see. I'm stumped. Have you seen a doctor about it?

Old 04-19-2007, 08:44 PM   #6
(female)

earthdayapril22 HB User
Wink Re: wetness under the armpits! driving me nuts!

I have bad wetness on my left armpit only.. but not as worse at you so you should see a doctor before you spend lots of money on products that may or may NOT work, they would probably prescribe a stronger product.

good luck!

Old 04-19-2007, 08:45 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

I'm not sure if this will help you or is this is a route you want to take but Botox shots under the armpit are giving to spot sweating for a couple of months. Most people say 4-5 months but I've heard up to 8 months tops.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:31 PM   #8
(female)

duse77 HB User

There is a surgery that can be performed that severs the nerve that controls sweating in the armpit and that will stop the problem altogether. The surgery will be covered by most insurance plans and is a very simple noninvasive procedure that will really help. I too have the same problem and as soon as I am insured I will be doing this. Im sick of not being able to wear anything but black as well.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:23 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

Hi,
I had this problem quite bad. No matter what I used, I always had sweaty armpits - and not really bad anywhere else. As I was reseaching what I should use, I can across various articles about anti-persperants, and how it can be bad for you - causing cancer etc.... I don't know if I really believe this, as there are many different opinions out there, but it scared me, so I stopped using all deoderant and anti-persperant, with all intentions of finding something 'safe' at a health store.

Well, I never did find anything, and now I use nothing at all, and I don't sweat anymore (OK in the summer with vigorous outdoor exercise I do, but that's only once in a great while).
I shower daily, so I'm staying clean, and I don't think I smell bad by the end of the day - (I ask for a smell check from my husband -LOL).
This may just be a fluke that works for me, but I'm satisfied to not use anything.
I've read about the botox injections, and if the problem ever comes back, I may look into it, because now I don't really want to put anyhing on under there.

Mary

Old 04-20-2007, 09:36 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User

well im only 19 and dont have any insurance anymore!! so the botox thing...might have to wait. unless i can find out how much it really is.

and going without any deodorant. doesnt help either. like i said ive tried tons of stuff...and when i wear no deodorant i still sweat..and sometimes do have BO without that deodorant..so..yeah i guess i need it.

i have found that the only brand and scent i have had any luck with ..and i have no idea why...is degree body responsive energy splash.

i always look for deodorant with a high percent of aluminum zirconium tetrachlorohydrex (anti perspirant) and ive only found as high as 21% does anyone know anything higher? althought the energy splash is only 17.8% so i have no idea!

this is just a really annoying thing ive been dealing with practically since i became a teenager and really started to care and pay attention to it. and i would like to wear normal tops that actually fit me well but i cant sometimes. its such a bummer.

Last edited by Longview; 04-20-2007 at 09:37 AM.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:14 PM   #11
(female)

kokopellichick HB User

Hi, I can relate to you. I have the same problem, I went to the doctor and got a prescription called Drysol. It works well for me. Good Luck

Old 04-22-2007, 03:03 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Wattsy89 HB User

I'd be careful about using a deodorant with such high amounts of aluminum as that stuff can be pretty nasty to your lungs in the long run.

I've also heard that botox works pretty well but wouldn't be to keen about having something like that done. The surgery in my opinion is unnecessary as I have heard of many success stories through the implementation of some simple remedies.

I will do a bit more research on the topic because I too have from time to time been frustrated with sweating.

Lisa.

Old 04-22-2007, 03:42 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Wattsy89 HB User

I did a little more research and found this:

[deleted]

I bought it and it seems to have some very good answers in it. Might be worth a look?

Anyway i hope you find the answers to you problem. Please keep us informed.

Lisa.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 04-22-2007 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Not allowed.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:26 AM   #14
(female)

Busygirl HB User

My teen daughter sweats alot under her arms as well. And it is frustrating. I have purchased those removeable underarm dress shields for her to put in her tops. Sometimes I also use double sided sticky tape to keep them in place. However, for the cute little summery tops it's not practical as the shields will show. She's reluctant to buy certain colors because she feels they will show sweat more.

I will look for that certain dri that someone suggested.

Please keep writing in with any suggestions, products that worked for you.

Thanks!

Old 04-22-2007, 03:31 PM   #15
(male)

gooby HB User

axillary hyperhidrosis (excessive under arm sweating)

from what I have read, the most effective treatment is the surgical one (sympathectomy).

there seems to be some medical (prescription?) deodorants that do help

. I suppose the botox would be a chemical sympathectomy of sorts.

there is another treatment called iontophoresis where the affected body part is stimulated with electrical current. Results are mixed and many do not like the time it takes to be treated but it may work for you.

Closed Thread