It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2007, 08:37 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

kirsten07 HB User
yeast infection wont leave

i finally got sick of dealing with my pain during sex, swollen redness, itching, etc and went to the gyn, i thought i had BV since i had had it 2 months prior to this except i didnt have a weird smell this time. turns out i have a yeast infection this time! i tried curing it a few days before the app with rephresh but no help what so ever! so my gyno put me on fluconazole a 3 pill yeast treatmemt and terconazole a 3 day cream. i took my 2nd pill today, i take it every 4 days and i finished the cream, there doesnt seem to be much difference, i'm still pretty red and inflammed outside of my hole and sex is still a burning struggle. is this stuff gonna kick in or what and when should i expect results, my app was friday.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:11 PM   #2
(female)

PiercedPunkette HB User
Re: yeast infection wont leave

I suffered from chronic yeast infections and I got BV. With antibiotics the BV cleared up a few weeks ago. For the yeast infections she gave me diflucan, that cleared up my yeast infection completely. I've also been taking Acidophillus and AZO yeast pills everyday. I haven't had a reoccurence since! So try those, they may help! Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2007, 12:10 AM   #3
(female)

JUNESPEARL HB User

drink cranberry juice, i know some people think it may be an old wives tale but i swear by it.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:33 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User

I agree with the AZO YEAST and the Acidullious daily! Id drink cranberry juice too. I do the first 2, on a daily basis.....It really does help.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:16 PM   #5
(female)

ebon_aurora HB User

I would stop having sex if I were you. You're only irritating the skin that desperately needs a break so it can heal. There's a lot of tissue breakdown with yeast infections. Friction at this point is a nono. I suggest waiting at least a week after you've finished your meds to become sexually active again.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:43 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

kirsten07 HB User

if it wont leave should i go to the store and get the medicine, since i know its yeast and its alot cheaper than back-to-back doctor visits plus the prescrpitions! i will try the AZO yeast also, i just started using rephresh too i dont know how well it works though maybe once i get rid of it, it will prevent it from coming back. i drink cranberry juice everyday because i love cranberry juice. i just feel like the infection should be clearing up by now i am on 2 diff treatments, whe the heck!

Old 04-20-2007, 07:21 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User

Some woman have constant yeast problems.( i used to, and BV)Diflucan didnt help. I thought it was hopeless, Till I started taking Acidililious, and AZO Yeast.It got 95% better, after constant use.I think it has something to do with stress.Ive just started feeling yeasty again,but the Easter candy has not helped!!!! I use rePHesh once a month, But I know my period is coming soon too.Id just keep the regiman going.Maybe stop having sex for a while.Good luck Hun.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:44 AM   #8
(female)

tmb2006 HB User

Yeah, I took AZo yeast too, however, a secret that a midwife told me was Boric acid. I had a yeast infectino that was reoccuring for honestly 8 months of my pregnancy, and finally she told me about this, so she told me to put it (it's a poweder you can get at any pharmacy/Rite Aid, etc.), in veggie capsules, like suppositories type things, but I could find any, so I just bought Monistat and filled the tub up with mostly Boric Acid and then some monistat to help the powder stick in side, and by day 3 totally gone and has not come back. It's a miracle I'm telling you.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:12 AM   #9
(female)

nasty1ne HB User

I've been diagnosed with recurrent yeast infections. I've altered my lifestyle and habits. I got rid of the troublesome and stressful boyfriend. I was taking terazol. It didn't work. I took boric acid suppositories for 2 x's for 14 days. It didn't work.

In the meantime, while changing my diet and taking acidophilus, One A Day for Women, and cranberry extract pills, I've noticed that the symptoms are not severe. I've been thinking about taking the AZO Yeast.

Anyways, my gyn got back to me yesterday and gave me some options to take for treatment:

* Nystatin 100,000 units
* Genitan violet
* Diflucan on a weekly basis
* Taking a supplement that has more acidophilus ( which can be taken along with any of the 3 mentioned above).

Last edited by nasty1ne; 04-25-2007 at 09:14 AM. Reason: making sure the correct spelling of acidophilus

Old 04-26-2007, 05:53 PM   #10
(female)

RIGIRL HB User

take THREE LAC . its a candida cleanse for yeast. best on the market

Old 04-27-2007, 03:22 PM   #11
(female)

courtney1111 HB User

I had the same problem....I would treat it than it would come back. I finally went to the doctor to get some RX stuff and I asked him if my husband could possible have it?? He said no, not likely. Well mY husband isn't the cleanest guy in the world. Goes days without showers. Well while i was treating myself I made him put the cream on his penis every night too. I haven't had a yeast infection since. It's worth a shot and it won't hurt him.

Courtney

Old 04-27-2007, 04:54 PM   #12
(female)

jupe HB User

ok, just to let you all know I had BV about 10 years ago and I took Metronidazol. Well it gave me a SCREAMING yeast infection. I woke up one morning with it. The night before I had sex with my boyfriend. Guess what- he got it and although for about 9 months I was in PURE agony with a recurring YI no doctor would believe he had one...until...one doctor did and prescribed him a very powerful antifungal med and then we never had the problem again. He had NO SYMPTOMS at all. none. so don't let the doc tell you men don't get them and DON'T HAVE SEX for crying out loud while you have one!!!!

Old 04-28-2007, 03:11 PM   #13
(female)

courtney1111 HB User

Yes please treat your man!!! I bet he has it and most men have NO symptoms if they do have it.

Courtney

Closed Thread