It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2007, 07:37 PM   #1
(female)

wcrescue29 HB User
don't understand u/s report! help

Hi I just had an u/s and don't understand this. my doctor hasn't called yet so I went and got a copy of my report.

The uterus measures 6.22 by 4.85 by 5.0 cm. there a globular configuration probably more obvious extending posteriorly. along the anterior aspect of the uterus there appears to be an erea of altered acoustical texture that measures about 1.91 by 2.5 by 3.03 cm. there is no distinct calcification evident. the right ovary measures 1.77 by 3.03 by 1.66 cm withno acute right adnexal abnormality evident. left ovary could not be demonstrated but there are no acute findings in the left adnexa.

does this mean i have endometriosis that is outside the uterus?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2007, 08:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Re: don't understand u/s report! help

An u/s isnt going to show endo the only clear way to know if you have endo is to have laposcorpy(sp) done. It is a minor surgery to that uses a camera to look around inside.
Your best bet is to call your dr in the morning and ask him to explain it to you. I rarely wait for my dr to call me. I normally check to see when they will get the report and start calling his office to find out what is going on.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread