It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2007, 04:12 PM   #1
(female)

leeanne172 HB User
period doesn't want to stop =\

Two weeks ago this Sunday (April 7) my period started and was normal for 5 days or so (I had a tubal ligation over a year ago btw before anyone asks) and it stopped as usual then a day or so later started up again big time, that lasted maybe two days then stopped, another day or so later I started spotting with the brownish discharge like you get at the end of your period .. again lasted a day or so then stopped however today I started with the brownish discharge yet again and it's fairly heavy, this has been going off and on now for the last 12 days .. has anyone experianced something like this? it's driving me nuts because I feel like this period is going to last the whole month then the next one will be starting up again !! If it's not ended by Monday I'm considering calling my Dr. I've never had anything like this happen before and am rather concerned .. any thoughtst?

Old 04-24-2007, 03:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Shakira HB User
Re: period doesn't want to stop =\

Have you been to see about this? I'm having the same problem.

Last edited by Shakira; 04-24-2007 at 03:43 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2007, 09:44 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

marinewife12 HB User

With brown discharge, I would wonder if it was BV.

I had this happen once. I was on bcp, and I had a period that lasted for 3 weeks. One week was just a regualr period, and then the last two weeks were like the last day of a period...brown spotting.

I finally went to the dr. and she was very shocked that I hadn't come in sooner. It was BV. But I didn't know because it piggybacked on the end of a period so I thought it WAS a period.

If it doesn't stop in the next day, I would call in for an appointment. BV isn't that bad, and it's easily treatable. But if you don't treat it, it leads to a lot of other problems. It can't hurt to have it checked out, can it?

Good luck...let us know how it works out for ya.

Old 04-25-2007, 06:09 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

dragonballwizard HB User

I would also ask that they test your thyroid just to be safe.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:13 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Shakira HB User

I went on a different BC in December and i started off spotting for like a week to start with. Then i went for my first smear test at the end of january and i didn't spot that month. Then it started up again and i was spotting longer each month untill this month when it's lasted the whole month. It's like brown and watery with abit of red mixed in.

Does that sound like BV?

Last edited by Shakira; 04-25-2007 at 04:20 PM.

Closed Thread