It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2007, 07:38 AM   #1
(female)

aweaver HB User
Missed Period. A Cause For Concern?

I missed my period this month. My last period was on March 17. I ususally get mine 30 days from the first day of my last period. April 17 came and went, and I never started. Oh I was cramping like crazy and my back hurt, but still no period. Then last Wednesday I started spotting, and I thought Yea! my period. But it never came on. I continued spotting, old brown blood, that was never enough for a panty liner or a pad. Sometimes when I sat down on the toliet I could feel a little stream of this watery brown Discharge come out of me. It increased when I had sex, briefly, but had stopped altogether sunday.
I thought I might be pregnant at first because I spotted like this with my last two pregnancies, even though I have had a tubal. But I took two pregnancy tests and they were both negative. And another thing thats I noticed was that my boobs which usually get so sore before my period, never did get that way this month. Now I dont have any cramping, no other pms symptoms, no spotting or anything. This has never happened to me before. My period is late sometimes, but I always end up getting it. I never have done this spotting thing unless I was pregnant. I am not sure what to make of it, or if its a big enough concern to go to the dr. Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them, and if so what was your experience? Thank you for your responses.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:47 AM   #2
(female)

hobobump HB User
Re: Missed Period. A Cause For Concern?

hi

I get this every month, i can miss and spot when ever my body feels like it.
I have pcos. do a searchon net and see if any of the symptoms fit. good luck. let me know how you get on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2007, 08:03 AM   #3
(female)

aweaver HB User
Re: Missed Period. A Cause For Concern?

I have looked at PCOS. Last sept. when I went for my annual physical, I was very tender when the dr went to do the manual exam, so he sent me in for an ultra sound. I had cycts on both of my ovaries, and a thickened endometrium. They did find one polyp on my uterus, but it was benign. The DR. said that sometimes women just get cycts and didnt seem too concerned about it. He did put me on prometrium for two weeks, and that seemed to be the end of it. I never missed a period though. And I dont seem to have any of the other symptoms, no hair loss, no unusual hair growth, no weight gain, no unusual acne, and I am not a diabetic. So I dont know. I am going to the DR tomorrow, so I will now something then I guess. I will keep the board posted.

Closed Thread