It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2007, 01:08 AM   #1
(female)

Kas80 HB User
Help for my Sister

Hi Everyone,

In a desperate search for some answers, I have decided to post here.

In December 2005, my sister's Pap Smear came back with abnormal results and it was subsequently found she had the highest level of abnormalities. After the initial LEEP treatment was not deemed a success, she underwent a cone biopsy.

Some time after this procedure, she found herself feeling continuously unwell, nauseaous and generally run down. Her period was also absent. It was eventually found that her cervix had closed over.

She has now had a number of operations in an attempt to dilate the cervix, the most recent on Friday (18 months later). She has not worked for 6 weeks due to severe pain in the abdominal area, although still having "good days" in-between.

At her last appointment with her GP, he indicated it could be cervical stenosis and that there could be a tumour in the cervix filling with menstrual blood - it was found that this was not the case. In fact, nothing was found during the procedure.

The concern now is not only for the pain but for her mental health - something that is now being addressed. However, to add to all of this, her surgeon indicated that there was a problem during this latest procedure and the gas used to inflate her stomach was accidentally pumped under her skin - this has left her with severe nausea, which has only added to the problems.

Does anyone have any ideas on the pain or had similar experiences?? If so, I would be very grateful to hear about them.

Kas80

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread