It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2007, 11:33 AM   #1
(female)

Berry-Merry234 HB User
Girls please help!!

Lately I have been trying to use tampons, but it has proven difficult to insert it because I have a septate hymen. I really need to use a tampon because I am a ballet dancer and it would make life much easier. Any ideas will be helpful.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

LisaFaith HB User
Re: Girls please help!!

You probably need to see a gynocologist. He/she can either help you, or possibly surgically remove the septate hymen.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 04-25-2007 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Please do not advise members to multiple post. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2007, 09:22 AM   #3
(female)

wannalala HB User

Have you tried different positions for insertion? Sorry if that sounds gross, but it may be easier for you to lie down on the floor, bend your knees and relax your muscles before insertion. That was the only way I could insert a tampon when I was younger (although it was ok for home, it was impossible in a public restroom). A little KY might help too. Good luck!

Old 04-26-2007, 01:02 PM   #4
(female)

declansmom HB User

I would suggest KY or vasoline. This happened to me when i was younger and it took vasoline and relaxing more.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Also definitely try to use slim tampons! It makes a difference. My favorites are Playtex Slimfits.. in my opinion I think the plastic aplicators work much better than the cardboard kind. They slide in better.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:23 PM   #6
(female)

dramaqueen54 HB User
Smile Re: Girls please help!!

Berry-Merry234,
Not sure If you are still reading this or not, but I had the same problem. Buy Playtex SPORT. They don't expand width-wise therefore they don't get caught on the hymen. They are amazing!

Closed Thread