It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2007, 11:43 AM   #1
(female)

MarinesWife60 HB User
Question I have a question!

Hi everyone! im new on here... i just wanted to know if anyone one has experienced any soreness/feels rashlike.. and itchyness during/ending or after their period..and if anyone has any suggestions.. thank you!

Old 04-25-2007, 11:46 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User
Re: I have a question!

I have the same problem right before my period.....I get really yucky down there.(kind of yeast infection like) I just keep it as dry as possiable, use rePHesh....take a provitamin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2007, 12:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I was getting that too and I was worried I had an infection or something, but it would go away after a few days and the doctor didn't see anything wrong. Turns out it was my TAMPONS bothering me! I'm on the pill and my period is pretty light most of the time so the regular absorbency tampons were too much for me and drying me out. Now I use light flow kind for the first two days and have to only wear a pantiliner after that or it bothers me again. Not sure if you use tampons.. but just something that sounds similar to what was going on with me! It would even bother me throughout the month sometimes.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:11 PM   #4
(female)

furtiva HB User

I had a yeast infection that reoccured two days before my period. I had a very uncomfortable rashlike/itchiness two days before, gone during the period, and after it feeling dry.

The Gyn (and the internet, lol) explained that right before the period, hormone levels fall drastically, progesterone increases making estrogen running down on you (which increases the level of sugar on your vagina). The sugar increase from your hormones coupled with extra sugar that you normally eat before your menses,(I do often) makes the yeast thriving, after the period, the dryness is normal attributed to the lack of hormones as well..

if you want to make sure just check with your gyn..it can be a vaginal infection either yeast or BV that is tricked by the change of hormones or any allery to the tampons..I switched to natural tampons to rule that out. I am also eating more yogurt and cutting backon sugar for those days.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:22 PM   #5
(female)

Terrigrrl HB User

I don't get periods any longer, but what I used to do, and I swear it worked every single time, was to take some plain yogurt and insert a small amount into my vagina at night. It would take only one time and BOOM...all gone. Maybe I was heading off the start of a yeast infection or the yogurt was just soothing, but whatever it was, it was a blessing!

Old 04-25-2007, 02:43 PM   #6
(female)

MarinesWife60 HB User

i started the pill maybe a year or two ago...i stop it about 4 months ago and i will probably start it in about 2 months.. when i started it i started realizing i would get dry... but also i dont usually use tampons.. only really in the summer..so i dont know.. but it usually only seems to happen around my period..

Old 04-25-2007, 08:12 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I would also try out eating more yogurt.. I've been eating Dannon Activia because I was getting a lot of stomach aches, and I know it's good for keeping things in balance too. I didn't know you could actually put plain yogurt inside of you.. but good idea since it works!

Old 04-25-2007, 08:15 PM   #8
(female)

MarinesWife60 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tUrRrRa View Post
I would also try out eating more yogurt.. I've been eating Dannon Activia because I was getting a lot of stomach aches, and I know it's good for keeping things in balance too. I didn't know you could actually put plain yogurt inside of you.. but good idea since it works!

yeah the werid thing is ..is that i do usually eat alot of yogart.. its one of my favs... i try to eat it when i can.. lately i have been eatting one 3 times a week.. i dont know its just weird and irrtating.. itchy and the rashy/soreness i could kinda compare it to a baby having diaper rash maybe? i wouldnt really know.. but thats what im guessing

Old 04-25-2007, 09:15 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

You can insert yogurt and it does work. I pushed some plain yogurt in me while laying down I didn't know about the tampon trick. The itching and burning went away really fast, I think it was a combo of the yogurt being cold and doing it's job.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:17 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

Hi,
I've had this happen during/after my period also. I use pads most of the time, and I think the combination of the material type, and the pad rubbing caused it. I try different brand pad, and sometimes it's not as bad. I always get unscented, and I think the very thin pads, are more irritating - as they seem to really 'pull' the moisture away more. When I use a regualr maxi pad, I hardly have the problem.

Mary

Old 04-27-2007, 08:35 AM   #11
(female)

MarinesWife60 HB User

have any of you ever had the itchy problem though?

Old 04-29-2007, 04:13 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yes I definitely dealt with that!

Old 04-30-2007, 03:57 PM   #13
(female)

MarinesWife60 HB User

one is the main difference between bv and a yeast infection?

Old 05-06-2007, 10:08 AM   #14
(female)

jupe HB User

BV has a fishy odor- especially after sex. yeast infection-usually no odor. Most people get a clumpy discharge with a Yeast Infection- I never do- It may be because I can tell when I'm getting one and I start treatment right away. Also- yeast infections are very common at the start or finish of a period.

Closed Thread