It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2007, 03:23 PM   #1
(female)

skrinkle324 HB User
Unhappy 18 yo, nipple pain and discharge?!

I'm 18 years old with an E cup. For at least 4 or 5 years, I've been having this weird issue with my nipples. Every once in a while, like twice a month, out of nowhere I'll just be sitting here and my nipples will start to hurt very badly, as if there are shards of glass in them or something. They then get hard which causes them to hurt worse and worse, then after about 5 minutes (but sometimes up to 15 or 20 minutes) they just stop hurting. It always happens in both nipples at the same time, but one always hurts worse than the other. The pain is so bad that I have cried a few times. Along with this, I also have a clear sticky discharge from both nipples sometimes, but only if I squeeze them to check for the discharge. Whenever I do have the discharge, I can continue to squeeze and keep getting more discharge, I end up giving up because it doesn't stop coming. It's not a large amount, but enough to form a large droplet on my nipple, until I wipe it off and keep getting more discharge. I have no lumps, and I've been pregnant twice but miscarried both times very early on. Also, this has been happening since way before I became sexually active so I know it can't have anything to do with that.

I always thought this was normal so I never worried about it, till the pain happened again last week and it concerned my boyfriend, so I asked friends and family and they all said they have nothing remotely close to what I'm talking about. I have made an appointment with my gyn in a week and a half to check this out, but I'm very very worried and would like to at least have an idea of what I might hear. I've searched all over the net for information about it, and all I can find is lumps and breastfeeding. I'm getting frustrated because I can't find anything even remotely close to what seems to be the problem. If anyone could help me out and give me an idea of what it is, I would be grateful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2007, 06:36 PM   #2
(female)

Bluesy HB User
Re: 18 yo, nipple pain and discharge?!

I'm guessing it's something with your hormones... Maybe some sort of imbalance. I'm sorry I'm not a doctor.

Old 04-25-2007, 06:59 PM   #3
(female)

skrinkle324 HB User

Well see, I figured if it was something like that, the nurse I talked to wouldn't have told me to make an appointment for next week, when the next regular appointment they had available is in the middle of June. That's why I'm so worried. Also because there's a lot of stuff I've seen around the net about the weird kind of stuff that will happen to your boobs as a teen girl or whatever, but NOTHING like this. I'm probably overreacting though.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:44 AM   #4
(female)

Bluesy HB User

First of all, don't believe everything you read on the internet. lol I woudn't overreact until you get to your appointment. Have you tried other doctor's offices? Check around in your area and call them. There's no way you could be pregnant is there? Just wondering since you've been pregnant before.

Closed Thread