It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2007, 02:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User
Terrible headaches after napping!

This is driving me crazy! Ive come to the point where i hope i don't feel like i need to take a nap because these headaches hurt that bad. I will take about an hour nap sometimes..and every single time i wake up my head is pounding! Nothing will make it go away except Bayer Rapid headache relief. Its like if i fall asleep and i dont get a good nights sleep this will happen. Sometimes it happens when i get to good of sleep too. This morning i woke up later than usual and i had one. I have no idea if this is connected, but within the past couple of years every once in a while if i get up to quick or look at a bright light i will blackout for 5-10 seconds. But sometimes i get a headache from this. Also i always get one if im hungry..or even a little bit hungry. What the heck is going on?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2007, 06:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Terrible headaches after napping!

Do you have a dark place to sleep? Not sure how it is for you.. but if I sleep and the sun is up (for a nap or even in the morning after a night's sleep) I get horrible headaches from it. I would suggest a blackout drape or a sleep mark to help with this.

Also.. have you tried taking some medicine BEFORE your nap to prevent it? I don't know if you take naps regularly. I know that happens to me sometimes too!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2007, 05:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

bananarama HB User

I get the same thing. I just recently had surgery so I have been sleeping more than usual, and everytime I wake up I feel groggy, disoriented (sometimes forget where I am, especially if I dream I am back home instead of at school) and have a massive headache. I have a history of migraines, and so not so sure if it is related. yeah, I can't be anywhere bright either, or that just triggers it. I keep my room pretty dark when I nap, but I used to actually sleep with all of the lights on, and it never used to bother me. then I had to get used to sleeping with them off with my roomate, and it is just now starting to bother me. Even after waking up from sleeping at night I get the same way sometimes. I wake up extremely early because hte headache wakes me up. I hate it. But I have been to the doctor for so many differnet things, I feel like he is going ot start saying I am a hypochondriac or something. I have quite a few health problems that werent there 2 years ago. Wonder what is going on.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tUrRrRa View Post
Do you have a dark place to sleep? Not sure how it is for you.. but if I sleep and the sun is up (for a nap or even in the morning after a night's sleep) I get horrible headaches from it. I would suggest a blackout drape or a sleep mark to help with this.

Also.. have you tried taking some medicine BEFORE your nap to prevent it? I don't know if you take naps regularly. I know that happens to me sometimes too!
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Only just recently i started sleeping in the dark...well almost complete dark. My whole life i had to sleep with tv on or a nightlight...but now im started to get use to it without those.

Ive never tried taking meds before i nap. thats sounds like a pretty good idea, im going to try that. and the only reason i dont nap regularly is because of this problem. but thank you you really helped. /FONT]

Closed Thread