It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2007, 02:16 PM   #1
(female)

Disbet HB User
Ovarian cysts

I have ovarian cysts about every 3 to 4 months. I have a really bad one about every year and a half, where I have to stay home from work for like a week. They nearly always rupture, according to my doc.

My husband and I have been TTC for the last couple of months, and it was very disappointing today when I realized I had yet another cyst.

Does anyone else have these as frequently? And, did you have trouble conceiving? I don't have all the systems of PCOS.

Disbet

Old 05-03-2007, 01:03 PM   #2
(female)

loralei HB User
Re: Ovarian cysts

I am starting to think I have a problem with cysts as well. I had a CT scan (for another abdomen problem) a few years ago but it happened to show a cyst. My doctor didn't even address it at that time.

I have IBS and colon problems, so it's tough to separate that from menstral problems. Now lately my stomach just feels bloated and tender. It's not the "come and go" kind of pain I usually have in my colon. It's very steady. Also my period had been veerrrry irregular. Lately I've been going 30+ days between cycles. When I go to bed at night I think I have to pee like 4 times but barely anything comes out. I looked up all these symptoms online and they almost perfectly matched Ov. cysts.

Do they do anything for cysts besides BCPs? I simply cannot tolerate any of the pills that I've tried in the past.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2007, 04:46 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

KittenPaws HB User

Disbet: Cysts can interrupt your cycle, not sure if its just pcos cysts or if there are more types, I didnt start showing the classic signs of pcos except cysts for many years.

Loralei: I didnt tollerate BCP's well either. I was put on provera (my dose was 10mg 1x a day for 10 days to start my period) and was told to use condoms so i didnt end up pregnant. Not sure if there is anything else out there beyond that, i havent been diagnosed for long.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:24 PM   #4
(female)

aweaver HB User

I have a problem with cysts too. I had one the first time when I was 18. Then it ruptured. Now I have them and I dont even know it. Last September when I went in for my annual exam, I was so tender, that the DR ordered an ultrasound. It showed both of my cysts as being polycystic. And I had a thickend endometrium, with one bengin polyup. He put me on progesterone, to give me a "cleansing" period, and I havent had any problems since. I always get my period every 30 days, no unusual cramping. I always experience PMS, you know sore boobs, mood swings, bloating. I had my last normal period on March 17. Since then I have not had one. I knew something wasnt right when I didnt experience PMS the week before my period was due. Then day after I was supposed to start, I began to spot, the old brown blood, but it wasnt enough for a pad, and that didnt last very long. I know I am not pregnant because I had my tubes tied five years ago. Anyway I went to the DR today, and he said its not uncommon for women with polycystic ovaries not to have a period. He said he was going to put me on a med to make my period start and then its birth control pills for three months. Then he comes back in the room and says he wants to do an ultrasound before I take any medicine. He said because sometimes the cysts get big. So I go tuesday for that. I hate having these kinds of problems. I hate my period, but I know its apart of my bodies natural process so I want to have them if I am supposed to, you know? I just want my body to function normally.

Last edited by aweaver; 05-03-2007 at 05:25 PM.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:35 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

deskette HB User

i havent been confirmed that i have bartholin cysts.. idk if its the same thing. like the liquid that makes a woman wet gets "clogged" and forms a round ball form on either or both sides of the vagina walls. the only time i experience this is when i have sex sex sex .. like a lot. in which im involved in a long distance relationship, so it happens that way. when went up to visit him i had this problem with the swelling, like sometimes it becomes so bad intercorse is exmtremely painful so i went to the doctor. but like many of us i did my own research first, and came to find out a warm bath & pressure will release the fluids... so when i took the bath and wal-lah, its fixed. so when i got to the doctor the next day she cant figure out anything.. like everything is completely normal. so yeah. i would say these are a hassel. i havent had the ones so bad to where i couldnt even sit down or walk or anything... but a luke warm bath really helped... if you choose to do that when your laying in the bath you can have a rag and put pressure against the trapped fluids. thats how the leak out. k. well hope i helped... sorry if i just kind of rambled.

Closed Thread