It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2007, 09:16 AM   #1
(female)

Aryes517 HB User
longer periods

This may or may not have anything to do with HPV but i was wondering if anyone else has experienced longer periods. I had my last colpo in March so this is my first post colpo period, but it seems that i have light spotting a few days before and then a normal period and then it ends with light spotting for about a total of 10 days from start to finish, its not the first time this has happened. It seems like it started around the time of my first proceedure, which was also the same time i stopped bc pills.

Im just not sure anymore it appears that the dysplasia is regressing. I originally had CINIII, had the LEEP and that showed only CINI, then follow up pap 3 months later showed CINII, and now my most recent colpo showed no dysplasia just predysplasia. I did talk to the pathologist who read my slides and he seems to think that it appears to be regressing.

I am 42 and have been off bc for about a year, so im wondering if its the HPV, the havoc of all the proceedures, my body getting used to being off the pill after 20+ years or perimenopause.

Anyone experience anything similiar?

Thanks
~Lisa

Old 04-27-2007, 09:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User
Re: longer periods

IMO (and I'm no doctor) it's more likely because of going off the birth control than the HPV. Also (and don't take offense) but it could be your periods changing due to your age and the eventual onset of menopause. If you are concerned you should talk to your doctor.

I have been dealing with HPV for 7 years now. The only time my periods have been different is in the first 6 months or so post partum. They always tend to go back to my normal (what I've been dealing with in the 17 years I've had my period).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2007, 10:00 AM   #3
(female)

Aryes517 HB User
Re: longer periods

Thanks Happymom
No offense taken...lol. Thats what i was thinking myself

I was just at the drs in March and everything was good, still some confusion about the varied results but we are going on the assumption thats its regressing. Who knows for sure with HPV.

Thanks!
~Lisa

Closed Thread