It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2007, 09:31 AM   #1
(female)

Rebecca71 HB User
DX with CIN III and Adenocarcinoma in situ

Hi. I a new here and I hope there is someone else out there that has the same dx as me. I also have the HPV virus.

I recently saw a ObGyn/onc. this past Wed for a second opinion and he showed me the pathology report and told me I had the CIN III along with AIS. For some reason or another my reg obgyn didn't tell me this. This is my story:

I got a call about an abnormal pap and was told that I had HPV and that I needed to go in to have a colpo and biopsy done. So when that came back the doctor told me that I had adenocarcinoma cells and that I needed to have a LEEP done.

I had the LEEP done and when those results came back she told me it was in situ and that I was 97% cured. When I went in for my 2 week check up after the LEEP she didn't tell me about the CIN III and that my dx was AIS. So when the OBGYN/ONC told me I wasn't cured I was a little suprised.

My reason behind seeing an OBGYN/ONC was to try to get a more decisive answer as to what I should do, either keep having exams and biopsies or do a hysterectomy. The ONC suggested to have another cone done due to the fact that the adenocarcinoma cells were not completely remove.

I am waiting for my reg OBGYN to call me regarding the ONC's notes but I haven't heard back yet.

Thank you for reading this and for any information you all may have. Rebecca

Old 04-27-2007, 10:10 AM   #2
(female)

colleen617 HB User
Re: DX with CIN III and Adenocarcinoma in situ

Hi, Rebecca,

Sorry to hear about your trouble. I was diagnosed 20 yrs. ago with CIN III. At that time, they suspected carcinoma in situ and did a cone biopsy. Fortunately, the cone biopsy did not show cancer cells.

It must be very scary for you. Hang in there. Push for the treatment that you need to be 100%. Doctors now tell me that they are 99% sure that I had HPV. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2007, 06:24 PM   #3
(female)

Rebecca71 HB User
Re: DX with CIN III and Adenocarcinoma in situ

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately it is so hard to tell which way is the right way to go. The oncologist said either way I treat it there is still a 20% chance of it coming back due to having the virus. So it seems like I will never be at 100%.

Closed Thread