It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2007, 07:14 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User
Question Ovulation

Last Month I started my Period March 18 and stopped March 23rd.April 1st exactly 14 Day's AFTER my Period started I had the clear stretchy discharge that resembled raw Egg whites.I started this Month April 18 and stopped April 23rd.Tonight I am aching and feel uncomfortable deep inside.Could I already be Ovulating or starting to Ovulate early?It's only been 10 Day's since my Period started this Month.An older Friend says 7 Day's before and 7 Day's after which really confuses me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2007, 07:42 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User
Re: Ovulation

A woman's cycle is measured from the first day of her menstrual period until the first day of her next period. The average woman's cycle normally is between 28-32 days, but some women can have much shorter cycles or much longer ones.
Ovulation can be calculated by starting with the day the last menstrual period starts or by calculating 12-16 days from the next expected period. Most women ovulate anywhere between Day 11 - Day 21 of their cycle, counting from the first day of the last period. Ovulation can occur at various times during a cycle, and may occur on a different day each month.

Most books and articles, and posts I have read seem to agree that it's 7-10 days before and 7-10 days after

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2007, 11:10 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User
Re: Ovulation

So since my Period started March 18 the first Day of my last Period to the one I just had would be 31 Day's?I've started exactly 28 Day's before.Since I had the stretchy discharge April 1st I would say 14 Day's from the Day of last Month's Period.This time it's 10 Day's.Thanks Squeaky!

Closed Thread