It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2007, 06:53 AM   #1
(female)

sophiekaris HB User
taking birth control for 15 days to induce period

hi i went to the GYN in australia because i havent had my period in 3 months she did an ultra sound and everything was normal normal ovaries and normal uterus. anyway she recommended that i trick my body into my period. Start the pill on the sunday and take it for 15 days then stop. Hopefully she said my period would start. She said this would only work if i had a hormone imbalance. Has anyone tried this before or am I just hoping for nothing?

Old 04-29-2007, 09:49 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

marinewife12 HB User
Re: taking birth control for 15 days to induce period

I did the same thing. I stopped taking birth control pills in order to try to have a baby with my husband. I went through 3 months of no period. Then in November, my dr. gave me one month worth of birth control pills. He had me take the whole month, so 21 days. I did have a period that month. But then I didn't have another one again until March. But that's probably due to other problems. Basically, using the pill to induce periods is not uncommon at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2007, 03:48 AM   #3
(female)

sophiekaris HB User
Re: taking birth control for 15 days to induce period

so the doctor reccomeded this. I havent had a pap smear yet but i have a foul smell coming from my discharge I really do think i have a yeast infection. I will get some cranberry juice tonight. But what else could be causing the no period.
I have been tested for thyriod - nothing tested for PCOS - nothing. what else could this be? The thing is my breasts hurt now that i am taking this birth contol and i feel like my ovaries are working is this due to the birth control?

I had a blood test and all i had was high cholesterol?

Can anyone shed some light on to my period issue?

Closed Thread