It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2007, 09:02 PM   #1
(female)

vctora07 HB User
fertile days

i had my peroid around the 16th ,or a day sooner or later. if i had sex 10 or 12 days after that, are those fertile days? i had sex friday but today i had ovulation pains, could you still get pregnant before that and do u ovulate then too?

Old 04-30-2007, 09:22 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User
Re: fertile days

A woman's cycle is measured from the first day of her menstrual period until the first day of her next period. The average woman's cycle normally is between 28-32 days, but some women can have much shorter cycles or much longer ones.
Ovulation can be calculated by starting with the day the last menstrual period starts or by calculating 12-16 days from the next expected period. Most women ovulate anywhere between Day 11 - Day 21 of their cycle, counting from the first day of the last period. Ovulation can occur at various times during a cycle, and may occur on a different day each month.

Most books and articles, and posts I have read seem to agree that it's 7-10 days before and 7-10 days after

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2007, 01:46 PM   #3
(female)

desiii HB User

Some women (like myself) sometimes ovulate twice a month.

There are lost of ways to track your ovulation, like tracking your basal temperature or using those saliva ovulation testing kits. Every woman is different. So if you need to know your exact days you will have to test it for yourself.

Old 05-02-2007, 09:28 AM   #4
(female)

furtiva HB User

wow desii, this is the first time I hear someone saying that. I know that a woman can ovulate say a certain time at her cycle, and than the next day or two another egg can be released. But all this usually happens within a three day period (to my knowledge).

I agree with you though that everyone is different, even cycles sometimes are different for the same woman for different reasons (stress, travel,diet ao on) so best way to find out is BBT.

Last edited by furtiva; 05-02-2007 at 09:29 AM.

Old 05-02-2007, 09:54 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User

Basal body temping is the best way to find out when you've ovulated (though it only tells you after the fact, not beforehand). It's best to have regular intercourse throughout your fertile days, and especially on days when you are having eggwhite or watery cervical mucus if you're trying for a baby. You should pick up a copy of the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" if you are interested in learning to track your cycles through checking cervical mucus & basal body temping. You could also try using OPKs (ovulation predictor kits). They work well for some women, but I never had much luck with them.

Closed Thread