It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 10:05 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Shakira HB User
Is it possible to sweat more with anti persperant on?

No deodorant keeps me dry. I only sweat under my right arm, not my left. I sweat more when i'm nervous rather than when it's warm. One time, i forgot to apply antiperspirant and i was exercising and i never sweat under my arms, which i thought was weird.

Then today, i tried PitRok for the first time, as i still smell abit with scented antiperspirant. I did a few stressful things during the day and my right armpit felt abit sticky from the sweat, but i didn't have any wet patches on my top and it doesn't smell (i know PitRok is meant to stop the odour), but is it normal to sweat more with anti persperant on?

I want to try not wearing antiperspirant for work, but i'm afraid to try it out!

Last edited by Shakira; 05-01-2007 at 11:14 AM.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User
Re: Is it possible to sweat more with anti persperant on?

I have heard that using no anti persperant does help for some people. But from my personal experience ( i have sweaty underarms so bad ) it doesnt help. and i eventually get the BO smell if im not wearing any. Have you tried the new secret clinical? I am currently using that ..and i just started to use it the right way. You are suppose to wash your underarms at night and before applying the clinical they have to be completely dry...and then wear the clinical throughout the night its suppose to soak into the skin. the problem i never understood is that i take shower in the morning though defeating the purpose of even putting it on at night...but i just read on secrets website that after having it on for a while it gets into your skin (plugs they call it i read..?) and when taking a shower it doesnt bother it...its hard to explain..but im gonna start applying it at night and see if it helps. from what i read even after the shower dont put any kind of deodorant on ..just let the secret stay on...and it seems to be working today and im not smelling ..in fact even after washing my underarms in the shower today i can still smell some of the secret..so im hoping this works...maybe you should try it ..it can be purchased at walmart for around 8-9 dollars.

Last edited by Longview; 05-01-2007 at 10:38 AM. Reason: forgot words

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2007, 11:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Shakira HB User

I tried something similiar to that called Triple Dry that you apply over night. But after a while, it irritaes my skin and i get a strange chemical smell the day after even after i've washed it off. And if antiperspirant really does cause cancer and alzheimers, then those kinds of deodorants would be worse as they are stronger.

Last edited by Shakira; 05-01-2007 at 11:13 AM.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User

well i guess secret clinical has something in it that shouldnt irritate the skin as i read about it. but i just wanted to let you know about it sorry, and yes it makes sense that if it has a higher amount of anti perspirant it could have worse side effects.

so you are saying you dont wanna wear anti perspirant to work? does that mean you want to wear just deodorant or nothing at all? can you try it out one day when you dont have to work and see what happens? i know for me it makes it worse and i sweat more.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:10 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Shakira HB User

Thanks for letting me know about the Secret. I don't think we get it in the UK though. We get the regular Secret, but i don't think we get that one.

What i meant was, i want to try not wearing any antiperspirant for work, just the PitRok, but i'm too scared to incase i sweat.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:40 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User

well you have never heard of the new secret and ive definitely never heard of PitRok so i cant really help you with that as im not familar with that brand. we must not have that in the US.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:45 PM   #7
(female)

Username: HB User

A few years back I noticed I sweat and even smelled more with standard deodorants. So I stopped altogether until my PH levels returned to normal. Sure enough, they have and I don'at require deodorants any longer. I use only the crystal or Tom's Natural deodoarant when needed, usually 3 times per week or less.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:01 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Shakira HB User

That's great. I think that's gonna be the case with me.

Old 05-03-2007, 08:39 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

I think that most anti-persperants use alumnium in them. It enters the skin blocks the sweat glands. It caused me to have other problems so I quit using them

I know just wash the arm pits with 91% alcohol twice a day to kill the sweat bacteria that causes the odor. I still sweat but no stink.

Deodorants cover up the stink & anti-perspirants try to stop the sweat.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:24 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Shakira HB User

Yeah - try to, lol! I can't understand why i'm not sweating at all with this Pitrok, it's a miracle! The real test will be on staurday when i'm out shopping rushing round for 4 hours from shop to shop.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:32 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Shakira HB User

No wonder antiperspirent makes me sweat! I just read online that aluminium toxicity can cause excessive perspiration, aswell as alot of other side effects:
Flatulence, headaches, dry skin, weak and aching muscles, senility, spleen pain, stomach pain, liver dysfunction, kidney dysfunction, neuromuscular disorders, osteomalacia, colitis, anemia, Alzheimerís disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, hemolysis, leukocytosis, porphyria, heartburn, memory loss, numbness, paralysis, Parkinson's disease, excessive perspiration, leg twitching, cavities, colds, behavioral problems, constipation.

Closed Thread