It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 10:50 PM   #1
(female)

maloriestumpf HB User
Unhappy 931 days with no period and counting!

i had always seemed to have problems with my period..i started way late at the age of 16 a few months from being 17. my periods were very uncomfortable, i had heavy bleeding and lots of pain..In the end of 2004 something went wrong! mind you at this time i was only 18 years old..i wait on my next period angry due to the fact it was going to be on my 19th birthday! much to my suprise i had no period..at first i thought nothing of this..after 3 months i took a pregnancy test just to see...i wasn't pregnant! so several more months past. because i was on my own and young i had no health insurance so i wrote it off as stress...i began to get worried when years started to pass..i was stress free and still no period! im still not sure what is wrong with me..im now 21 soon to be 22 and married..i would like to start planing for the future with my husband but this is still always on my mind..every few months or so i get pain in my lower left side..although i do have insurance now im scared to death to see a doctor..i fear the worst. so today is day 931! i know that i need to get to the doctor very soon im just worried..if anyone has had this happen or something like this or knows anyone who it has happened to please let me know..i would love to hear what you have to say!

Old 05-02-2007, 05:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

eurokelly HB User
Re: 931 days with no period and counting!

You need to see a dr, there is medication to kick-start your cycle. Other points to consider - are you quite under-weight? This can halt periods. Also, if you don't want to see a dr just yet then you could also try acupuncture, a good practitioner should also be able to assist in getting your cycles started again.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

LisaFaith HB User

You are doing your body a major disservice by waiting any longer. Get to the doctor. It could be something as simple as a hormonal imbalance, or it could be something much more serious. The longer you wait, the more damage there could be, and ultimately it could affect your ability to have children in the future. Good luck, and go to the doctor.

Old 05-02-2007, 09:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User

Definitely see your doctor. If you are underweight or exercise excessively that can cause you to lose your period. The longer you are without it, the greater the chances of causing permanent infertility and also it highly ups the odds of developing osteoporosis at a young age. It could be a problem with your hormone balance or even your thyroid. The doctor can do blood tests to check. They do have medication they can give you that might jumpstart your cycles.

It's very, very important that you see a gynecologist about this ASAP.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:50 AM   #5
(female)

maloriestumpf HB User

thanks for the comments everyone...and to answer some of the questions im actually a over weight a little..i dont know if going through something really bad can make it stop..but during the time my period stoped i was in an abusive relationship..he was always trying to get me pregnant and i repeated in my head everyday i cant get pregnant by him..i cant get pregnant by him...i dont know if someone actually has the power to stop there own period but i was just wondering...oh and another thing when i did go to the doctor a looonnggg time ago i was told i had cysts ..i dont know if that changes anything..thanks ladies..and im looking into doctors next week!

Old 05-02-2007, 11:58 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

KittenPaws HB User

If you have cysts on your ovaries you could have Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS - there is a board here for that too thats full of a bunch of wonderful women ). This can prolong you not having a period as well..i've gone up to 2 years without a period. My hormones are severely out of wack too. Some doctors put you on birth control to jump start things, others use provera, and then there are other medications you can use to help you regulate your cycle and get pregnant. I'd really advise you to find a Dr. A gyn or obgyn that specializes in stuff like this.

Other symptoms of PCOS is

Ovarian cysts,
being overweight (around mid belly area usually),
excess hair (facial, stomach, breasts, etc),
out of wack hormones,
acne/oily skin,
pelvic pain,
thinning/balding hair,
skin tags,
diebetes/blood sugar probs,
etc.

and im sure im missing more

I'm hoping you find out whats wrong, you'll be in my prayers.

Last edited by KittenPaws; 05-02-2007 at 11:59 PM.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:17 AM   #7
(female)

maloriestumpf HB User

thanks so much for your help..im looking into doctors in my area next week..ill keep you posted on what i hear after i find a doctor and get an appointment..were you okay after the 2 years?

Old 05-03-2007, 01:51 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

KittenPaws HB User

I either have a period every month like normal or i went for months to years w/o one. It was very random. I have yet to actually get treatment for the PCOS cuz i fell pregnant in december hehe.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:11 PM   #9
(female)

maloriestumpf HB User

well i have like 5 of the things you listed going on..and everyone ive talked to in person has said it sounds like thats what i have..im just glad i have had support from ladies on here i needed it worse then anyone knows...im a little scared still about going to the doctor and hearing what they have to say...if you dont mind me asking how old were you when things started to act funny?

Old 05-04-2007, 11:27 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

KittenPaws HB User

Things were off with me from teh beginning when i was 13, except back then it was just painful periods and a messed up flow. Around the age of 16 or 17 i started skipping periods. Around the age of 18 i skipped a whole year and my mother forced me to see my first gyn cuz she swore i was pregnant!! they didnt catch it then either. I finally got diagnosed after trying for over a year to get pregnant with my fiance and i relized that it wasnt normal to be skipping periods at all like i thought it was.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:07 AM   #11
(female)

maloriestumpf HB User
Unhappy Re: 931 days with no period and counting!

so i finally got the guts to go to the doctor but he canceled on the day of my appointment...so i have to reschedule for sometime between the 6th - 12th..that is if i can get there..and afford it...so im having a rough time..just thought i would update those who keep up on me..so that they knew why i haven't been on in so long...oh and i also found a mass in my left breast..so hoping that this is nothing more then a cyst!! nearing 1000 days with no period...

Closed Thread