It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2007, 03:35 PM   #1
(female)

ebon_aurora HB User
For those of you that have had a colpo.

For those of you that have had a colposcopy, please tell me if what I'm experiencing is normal. I had one on the 18th. It still hurts, for one and the pain only feels like its getting worse. But what is worrying me right now is ever since I had it I've had chunks...or wads of something coming out. They started off small. But today I noticed that my usual burning (I suffer from bacterial vaginosis and it causes burning for me) just wasn't right. It had turned into a burn with a slight itch so I went to go take a look. While I was down there I noticed something light to medium brown covering the opening so I pulled it out and it was a huge wad of something like tissue paper or paper mache (sp?). I pulled out two wads like that and now I've noticed that the itching is a little less. What is this? I do know that my doctor said at the end of the colpo he had to go inside my cervix for something. So is this brown tissue coming from my uterus or my cervix or what? Is this normal or should I be worried?

Old 05-20-2007, 04:50 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User
Re: For those of you that have had a colpo.

Geesh I really have no idea. I had a colpo but stopped bleeding by the end of the day. I was told to use Metro Gel to help with the healing.

By the second day I did not need a Kotex anymore. I had some slight pepper looking discharge for a few days with a pink tinted fluid. But not enough to use a pad. Now and then I'd spot blood. It was only a spot though. I had no pain and never itched.

I'd call your doctor in the morning.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2007, 05:10 PM   #3
(female)

vctora07 HB User

the wad that you pulled out was the stuff your gyno put on your cervix to make it stop bleeding it probably looks like toilet paper and might be dark orangeish and there also may be black stuff that looks like coffee grounds or dirt, it was used to stop the bleeding....i dont understand WHY your ob/gyn didnt explain this to you! i had a colposcopy done and i had that also, but i was aware of what it was. i also had a huge blood clot come out the a little bigger than a golf ball and i had never had a bood clot that big ever before. i was in pain for about a week. if your pain becomes severe or you are passing multiple or massive clots call your doctor. my advice it take it easy dont do too much activity and do not have sex or use tampons for 2 weeks. you sound like i did i was very worried about my pain and the clot, i think you will be fine, but dont be afraid to call your ob/gyn if you have any questions they should explain this to you!

Old 05-20-2007, 09:24 PM   #4
(female)

ebon_aurora HB User

Thanks guys. I feel a bit better about it now. I was wondering though. Did either of you or anyone else here ever experience some external irritation after your colpo? I've got some irritation right now and its ******* me off. I've already got enough burn on the inside from the bv. The last thing I need is to feel it on the outside too. I'm hoping its just an after effect of the colpo and that it will go away with time...

Old 05-21-2007, 10:41 AM   #5
(female)

ebon_aurora HB User

I just noticed that ever since my colpo, my discharge has turned into WATER. I'm leaking brown stuff all in my underwear now. I know the brown is from the biopsies, but isn't this copious watery discharge something most women experience as a common symptom of the bv? I think the colpo has made my bv WORSE!

Old 05-21-2007, 07:00 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

I'm not sure I never had any problems. I was given metro gel after the biopsy to help my healing. Metro Gel is for BV so I guess that's why I never had any problems. Did your doctor give you anything to insert to help you heal?

Old 05-21-2007, 07:03 PM   #7
(female)

ebon_aurora HB User

No, he didn't. He did write me a script for 14 days of flagyl for my current bv infection though. And it also turns out that the "watery brown discharge" I was experiencing was actually blood. I'm bleeding new blood that was turning brown on my underwear. It wasn't until I actually LOOKED at my vag that I realized it was new, red blood. So, I called my doctor and he said if its still bright red tomorrow that I need to come in to be "retreated."

Last edited by ebon_aurora; 05-21-2007 at 07:04 PM.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:33 AM   #8
(female)

lotus1234 HB User

I had some itching after my colpo but the nurse at my drs office told me that it was most likely from dryness from wearing a pad. She suggested to me to use some baby desitin on the outside ONLY and it seemed to take the discomfort away.

I have had 2 colpos. and the first one freaked me out because I had these huge chunks coming out (like what you are describing) and I called my old drs office and they blew me off about it and said it was no big deal and never explained it to me. Needless to say, I immediately found a new gyno who did my 2nd colpo and he explained everything to me. The large wads of what looks like paper or dirt spots are normal and thats from what they use to stop the bleeding. But it shouldnt last very long, like 2-3 days max I think. So if you are still bleeding contact your drs office and ask to have the dr. talk to you directly!

Closed Thread