It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2007, 06:35 AM   #1
(female)

LovelyOne HB User
Last option, help please, to those who read the boards alot please help :(

I dunno if ANYONE can help this is a LONG read but I have no other option but to try here. If you want to know more about my history go to read my prev posts (there arent many).

So far I am not sure if i had a kidney stone and it passed, or it was from this cyst on my ovary that possibly has something in it traveling to my kidney (what could have been a kidney stone was in left kidney and cyst is on left ovary).

I have been having constant pain for 4 month, it is flank pain on left side, lower abdominal pain and pressure, on and off again left pain on the side of my body from my breast to armpit area (this pain lasted for about 9 days and there were no injurys to this area), up on my left arm/shoulder to my neck (the left arm also goes numb but only on the top portion), and in between my shoulder blades.....about 4 days ago i started having BAD pains in my right leg, mainly my inner thigh area shooting down my leg and with this pain I have edema of the ankle no matter if i am elevating (seems to help it but there is still swelling) or not elevating it, the area is sore and I get bad leg cramps. I also have numbness in the lower leg, along with breakage of skin on the ankle, and my big toe is prune-ish (as if i have been in a bath for an extended amount of time), and my big toenail is partially white. My left leg has the numbness, breakage of skin on ankle, big toenail is also partially white and the big toe is pruneish as well. There is no pain in that leg though. There used to be swelling in that leg, and if i am up too long I do get swelling in that leg but its not HALF as bad as the left leg.

I have had high blood pressure in the past but recently my diastolic number has been low...for example my blood pressure will be 134/60 or 114/54 140/62 and my pulse is now, around 54 when it used to be a lot higher. I did black out about a month and a half ago which no reason was found yet. I feel dizzy a lot now, and nauseated.

I also have a liver problem in which I have no clue if what's causing it is something else in my body, or if i possibly have fatty liver (STILL waiting for ultra sound for this). My RDW was high, AST, ALT, but not as high as someone with Hep C (tested for hep c negative).

As far as my cyst goes, I do not have my papers anymore as I gave them to my dr, but, i have a 5mm (aroound that) cyst on my left ovary and the only thing the papers said were that "hemorrhaging could account for the shape" so I assume the cyst had burst partially?? And I have a thickened endometrium. I have been having urine that is dark and smells, blood in urine, and dropping ketones. Last time I had went I had NO blood, no ketones but now protein in my urine. The smell is still there, i have a urgency to urinate, and it BURRRRNS when i urinate. They KEEP on testing me for UTI's and they come back clear, only a beginning UTI was found the last time I went to the dr's. I also have been tested for STD's which there are none. I also have a mucus that isn't normal that is now coming out of my vagina (probably from the cyst I guess). This cyst has also caused me to be in GREAT pains at times, and my dr did think the cyst burst so I am not sure if i even have one anymroe and if i dont something else is causing these pains. She tested my hemoglobin and said it was a bit off and to come back to retest it (she thinks I might be anemic but this somehow ties into the cyst bursting I imagine).

I am a type 2 diabetic, I have only had higher blood sugars for maybe 2 years?? So I have no clue *** to think, I have so many damned health problems and I have free medical which means I have a crappy dr who I have to suggest things usually so if ANYONE can help please do. I am only 27, and I feel like my body is shutting down, and the physical symptoms would indicate that. I don't drink, i quit smoking, am trying to lose weight as I am "morbidly obese," I have bad cholesterol HDL is 29 LDL is 150's, I am dieting and have lost ONLY 30lbs, so life is tough now and I need some advice on *** to do. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2007, 10:26 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User
Re: Last option, help please, to those who read the boards alot please help :(

Have you gotten tested for blood clots? Pain in the leg and what looks like bruising can be a sign of blood clots. Did your doctor put you on anything for your liver? If you clean up your liver you should feel a lot better.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:59 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

My momma had similar problems she had a cyst on her ovary that was not seen in the ultrasound. She had constant pain in her breast and her eye and her leg. She use to wrap her leg in an ace bandage and she wore long dressed to hide it. All the pains were on the same side. She ended up being rush to the ER one night from loss of blood that she thought was her period.
Found it was not her period but her cyst has burst and tore her insides. She was pronounced DOA but after giving her 3 pints of blood and 1 of plasma shocking her heart back to life and finding the tear after they sewed her up she was on her way to recovery. She was in the hospital for 3 weeks.

A year had gone by and she had told her doctor that after the surgery that she no longer had pains where she had them before the surgery. Her doctor told her that when you have cysts that they can sometimes produce extra estrogen and everywhere you have an injury the estrogen increases the pain.

She later had to have the cyst in her breast removed due to the growth of it. It had grown to the size of a lemon. The one on her ovary was the size of a tennis ball. When she had the ultra sound done she was not swollen but a few months to almost a year down the road she grew in the belly. She thought she had been eating to much but it was actually the growth of he cyst making her plump. It was on the back side of the ovary and the ultrasound was not able to detect it. If she would had a laparoscopy they might have found it and removed it before it burst but they never thought to do one since they didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

I started having problems with my ovaries and had a laparoscopy done to be on the safe side. All the found were many cysts.

Good Luck to you. Being a woman can be so difficult

Old 05-28-2007, 04:57 PM   #4
(female)

LovelyOne HB User

I have not had a blood clot test.

The thing I am mainly concnerned about is the blacking out, I felt as if I was going to black out again yesterday and the only thing I can think of is my blood pressure going lower and lower and this is what's causing me to feel faint. My BP used to be high, then normal, and now its just extrememly low. I have taken my bp 3 times so far today and on the right arm it was 110/55 pulse 54, 110/52 pulse 56, 109/59 on left arm, pulse 53.

The leg pain isn't getting worse, it's about the same which makes me think it can't be a blood clot because with a clot, doesn't the pain get worse? And the leg pain isn't on the side that my ovarian cyst is on. On the cyst side (my left side) I am getting back pains, in between shoulder blade pains, left shoulder/arm pains (but I can actually trace where the pain starts and stops on my arm it begins where the arm meets my body, and goes down from inner upper arm to across the bend of my elbow, down to the outside of my wrist).

No meds for my liver yet because she simply does not know why it's acting up, she suspects fatty liver but we won't know until they get my ultrasound done. And she has not put me on any cholesterol lowering meds yet because of my liver as well.

The only other pains I get are a ripping feeling in my chest, along with on and off again choking feeling in my neck (GERD or something?). Although the pain in the chest lasts briefly as it is an extreme pain as if someone is tearing apart my muscles then it subsides.

And it's hard going to the dr's now because I feel generally weaker and dizzy faint feeling.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-28-2007 at 05:02 PM. Reason: do not post pictures for any reason - as per the posting policy

Old 05-30-2007, 05:11 PM   #5
(female)

LovelyOne HB User

hmm no other suggestions?

Old 05-31-2007, 03:47 PM   #6
(female)

LovelyOne HB User

Thanks Allie I got my apt tomorrow to get an abdominal ultra sound done, FINALLY. This choking feeling along with the left sided pain, and pain in my neck now I think may be swollen lymph glands because I can visually see that its swollen now. I assume this is what might be causing me to feel weakened and fatigued because I've got some sort of infection going on but my WBC count isn't high (well this was about a month ago they did the RDW, WBC etc). But my WBC count is never high (even when I had a abcess, infected knee, etc). The pain in the chest has to be some sort of gas GERD or something? Because if it was heart related I would have been dead by now or something. Anyways ty for the concern.

Old 05-31-2007, 04:24 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

since all this has come to pass have you had a full body mri scan with dye? A pet scan? Even if you have had them in past, that was then and now is now. Have you spoke to your doctor about this? If so and he/she is non-compliant maybe you should go to another doctor. They have mra acan for blood clots and blockages as well. Prob. a good idea to make a detailed list of ailments and tests done to date, then go to the doctor. In this day and age you must be your own spokesperson, a doctor will not jump up and take the reins. Good luck.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:30 PM   #8
(female)

LovelyOne HB User

I have had a CT scan (with the dye) only in my chest area but I got a bad reaction from the dye (full body hives even with the shot of benadryl they gave me). Other than that I haven't had many tests I've had 2 ct scans, multiple x-rays, tons of blood work, 3 ultra sounds, and I can't remember why but I got a CAT scan of my head before.

The ultrasound went well I guess, they can't tell you anything which i think is stupid because it's my body, she did tell me what I was looking at and at one point when I looked at the screen all I saw was red blob area when she went over my liver with tiny blue parts. I should have results by Tuesday or Wednesday she said.

Since I do not have insurance, no medi-cal, etc, I have to go to the free clinic and if the dr's there feel as if I need more tests they send it through case management and from then I hear back within 1 1/2- 2 months time if I am approved for the referal.

Old 06-08-2007, 02:22 AM   #9
(female)

LovelyOne HB User

Well, I get my results back from the ultrasound tomorrow...finally!

I have been doing more and more research and the only things I could come up with are..DVT, PAD (pain in leg, swelling, i have high cholesterol, chest pains), and I am 99% sure that I have some hardening of the arteries (my systolic keeps rising bit by bit while my diastolic either lowers or stays the same but generally a bp of 115/54 is normal now) and the hardening would account for the chest pressure I feel and left arm pains, and more recently I've been having odd palpitations in which my heart will beat funny for id say, over a minute and it causes me to be really dizzy and it takes my breath away.

The back/side pains I am assuming is from my cyst because I still have not had my period yet.

When I get my ultrasound back tomorrow, i'll post the results.

Closed Thread