It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2007, 12:57 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Rorie HB User
varicose vein on labia now inflamed...anyone else

I am just looking to see if anyone else has ever had this embarrassing problem. I have been tender and swollen off and on for a few months on one side of the labia, and my primary doctor told me last week I have an inflamed varicose vein on the labia and now my lymph nodes right there are infected. It is so tender. He prescribed antibiotics and seemed to think I would be fine. I am also having some pain all along the groin/thigh and that concerns me too. I haven't been feeling well (very run down) and also still have the pain so I went to see a gynecologist. She is doing some bloodwork and a pelvic ultrasound.

I admit I'm scared right now, even though my primary told me he didn't think it was a big deal. I feel like this tenderness will never go away. Varicose veins don't go away right? I am afraid it will keep getting inflamed through clothes rubbing, etc. Does anyone else have a varicose vein in the same place, and does it ever cause you problems? What are your symptoms and what can you do about it?

Thanks for sharing.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User
Re: varicose vein on labia now inflamed...anyone else

Yes i have had this problem and for years!!! Do you have vericose veins on your legs as well? Did you get this during pregnacy? Do you just have 1 vein that is bothering you. Sorry i have alot of questions.........but im trying to further understand??? Mine started with pregnacy and i have had a terrible time getting treatment.................evidently this ISNT very common, to have vericose veins on the labia. It is difficult to treat. I am having more tests done next week and 6 years ago i had surgery. It helped but i am still experiencing discomfort.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2007, 04:42 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Rorie HB User

Yes I do have varicose veins on my legs. And yes, right now it is only one vein that is bothering me, although I do have more than one varicose vein. I guess this vein got inflamed or somehow infected. I began to get varicose veins when I was 21 when I was on the pill. I had a baby when I was 30, and I didn't notice any more problems than usual with them. But after having the baby, I've had lots of different health problems and some of them I blame on varicose veins. It wasn't until last week that I found out I had one on the labia. My primary thought antibiotics would make everything "settle down" but I am done with antibiotics now and still feel sore and swollen. I'm afraid every little thing will irritate it. I also am having some pain along the groin and pubic bone, so that kind of scares me. Maybe I have more problems than I realize.

Because of varicose veins, I am a little concerned about blood clots. My primary has told me I have a few superficial blood clots on my right arm and leg, and again said nothing to worry about. But I don't think it is normal for me to have this problem...

Thanks for writing.

Old 05-29-2007, 04:53 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Rorie HB User

I also wanted to ask you another question, Daisy Duke-77. Do you ever get infections from the varicose vein in the labia getting inflamed and causing the surrounding lymph nodes to get infected? I don't know how to prevent these infections!

Old 05-29-2007, 05:44 AM   #5
(female)

lauralu2000 HB User

I have a pencil thick one that runs about 2 inches long as well in that same area. i got it when I was pregnant with my first, 15 years agao. It has not caused me any problems and I hope it never does because it really is huge as far as Iam concerned.

Good Luck to you

Last edited by lauralu2000; 05-29-2007 at 05:46 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to lauralu2000 For This Useful Post:
Anna31 (08-22-2012)
Old 05-29-2007, 02:27 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User

Rorie..............Do you mean an infection on the labia from the vericose vein? No, i have never had an infection in that area. Just major discomfort! Especially when it swells.............heat, exersise and intercourse! Have you been to a vascular surgeon? I have been to many many vascular dr's and finally one helped me when i had the surgery. The problem with veins is......they can come back!! I hope you get some answer's soon and some relief! Do your veins run from your pelvic area down your leg? On the 4th i am having a pelvic ultrasound to see if i actually have vericose veins in my uterous/overies.................weird huh???? Never heard of that until recently, when i went to a new vascular surgeon in my area! I will keep you posted!

Old 05-29-2007, 05:58 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Rorie HB User

Somehow I got an internal infection because the vein got inflamed from being rubbed or irritated somehow, and that infected the lymph nodes right by it. Nothing on the skin is infected, it is underneath the skin...I couldn't tell that it was infected...the doctor told me after he poked around a little.

I dont' really understand it myself...

I haven't seen a vascular doctor, but would like to. I am wondering what the pelvic ultrasound will show.

Please keep me posted.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:26 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User

I would definately find a vascular surgeon. They specialize in this area. My GYN didnt have a clue what to do???? I will definately keep ya posted!

Old 05-29-2007, 11:16 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User

I was recently told that I have varicose veins on my labia too, but I don't know if they cause me pain b/c I've had Vulvodynia for many years. THAT causes vulvar pain. I don't have varicose veins anywhere else though.

Closed Thread