It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2007, 10:34 PM   #1
(female)

Tina325 HB User
Question Tubal Ligation Via Laparotomy

Hi all, I am 36 years of age, were meant to have a tubal ligation at 30 years of age but put it off. Just had a consult with my Gynaecologist who informed me that I couldn't have the tubal ligation via laparoscopy but needed the open surgery (laparotomy) due to pelvic problems. Just wondered whether those that have had it done can tell me about their experiences etc; Gynae told me I would need 6-8 weeks to recover. I have a chronically ill daughter, will have no family support as my only supportive family member will be overseas, my sister is expecting next week which takes priority. Though I have had major surgeries before they were different procedures and I did have support. Not worried about the pain, just don't want to be non-active for too long. Just wondering how long it took before you could drive, resume relatively normal activities, pain etc;

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2007, 09:57 AM   #2
(female)

jenl37 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Tubal Ligation Via Laparotomy

Hi,

I just had my tubes tied on October 9, 2007. It's not bad at all. On the discharge papers, it says that you can drive 48 hours after surgery. I have a small incision under my naval. I have about 4 or 5 stitches. I had my surgery at 7:00 am and I was home by 9:30 am. The day of the surgery, I was tired and slept alot but the next day i was up and moving around with minimal pain. Other than some slight gassy problems, I felt fine. Today, Oct. 14, 2007, I feel still a little gassy. I was on the depo. shot before i decided to tie my tubes. I recieved my last depo. shot in Sept. 2007. Haven't gotten my menstrual cycle back yet but i will let everyone know how it goes when i do. So far...No problems at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread