It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2007, 03:59 AM   #1
(female)

apaf-21 HB User
Question Please Help-Confused

Well, i have a prob thats alwys there ''down there''...It's really very worrying and aggrivating!!! ..... Basically,it's a discharge that is always there everyday....it doesn't smell but its white and sometimes a yellow colour.... it hurts when I pass urine sometimes also.... .........Also,during sex it gets very sore and i cant enjoy it!!!! im never dry but always wet~/??? its just not nice... Ive tried over the counter products but they havent seem to work.....
Too scared to go to my GP.... ive heard douching in baking soda works????? anyone tried this.... Any more info that could help please....????

Thanks.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:28 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User
Re: Please Help-Confused

It sounds like a yeast infection. You can use things like Monistat inserts that you buy at your local drug store or grocery store. I see you are Ireland I am guessing they have Monistat over there. If you have had it a long time you might need a pill to take by mouth to fight it off. If it goes untreated it can cause PID , Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.

If the discharge has a smell like fish then that's BV Bacterial Vaginosis , and you need to see a doctor for antibiotics to clear it up. Leaving it untreated can cause you to catch any STDs easier and can also cause PID

Last edited by FromSqueaky; 06-09-2007 at 10:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2007, 07:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

You should read a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility to determine whether this is actually an infection or if it is normal cervical fluid. The closer you are to ovulation, the more cervical fluid you produce, and it has the consistency of uncooked egg whites. You should read the book so you can learn more about when it's an infection and when it's a normal healthy sign that your body is working properly.

Just having a discharge doesn't mean you have an infection. It depends on whether it smells or causes itching. But if it doesn't, then it's not an infection.

Old 06-10-2007, 02:05 PM   #4
(female)

apaf-21 HB User

Hi thanks for replying....yes from ireland not 2 sure if monistat is available in Ireland but i wiil make sure and look into it....Thanks for all your help....

Old 06-10-2007, 02:11 PM   #5
(female)

apaf-21 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kszan View Post
You should read a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility to determine whether this is actually an infection or if it is normal cervical fluid. The closer you are to ovulation, the more cervical fluid you produce, and it has the consistency of uncooked egg whites. You should read the book so you can learn more about when it's an infection and when it's a normal healthy sign that your body is working properly.

Just having a discharge doesn't mean you have an infection. It depends on whether it smells or causes itching. But if it doesn't, then it's not an infection.
Thanks for replying....to answer your question it doesn't itch and dit doesn't smell. i am really hygenis i shower every day or even twice...so i never notice a smell.... I was just worried as it is present everyday and it wets my underwear at timea and can become uncomfortable...I get self consious thinkin people can tell!!!! i no really they cant.... I shall try that book..
thanks again....

Old 06-11-2007, 07:51 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Try eating some yogurt for a while every day and see if it helps.. yogurt will help regulate things down there and it might help with what you have if it isn't an infection. It's hard to tell without going to the doctor. Usually yeast infections itch, but not ALWAYS. Is the discharge thick or clumpy at all? That's also a symptom of yeast. I went through a time when I was feeling irritated in my vagina but everything was normal and yogurt actually helped me!

Old 06-13-2007, 04:15 AM   #7
(female)

apaf-21 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tUrRrRa View Post
Try eating some yogurt for a while every day and see if it helps.. yogurt will help regulate things down there and it might help with what you have if it isn't an infection. It's hard to tell without going to the doctor. Usually yeast infections itch, but not ALWAYS. Is the discharge thick or clumpy at all? That's also a symptom of yeast. I went through a time when I was feeling irritated in my vagina but everything was normal and yogurt actually helped me!
usually its Really light but often it can b sometimes thick...ive never found it to itch.... Ive actually never heard of eating yogurt now...is it jus any yogurt or natural yogurt...wud da b better to use?????? thanks for your help...

Old 06-13-2007, 05:36 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

Read the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. It isnt just about getting pregnant/avoiding pregnancy you can actually learn alot about your body from that book.
Since there is no smell or itch, chances it is your normal cervical mucus. Some women have more than others and during the fertile part of your cycle you will have more and it will look like raw egg whites. As for the color change again normal. There really isnt anything you can do about getting rid of it. You can talk to yoru dr about it and get it tested to make sure. Another thing is wear panty liners.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 06-19-2007, 06:29 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User

See the doctor to be sure, but it sounds like normal discharge to me. It's a healthy part of your cycle, and you shouldn't try to get rid of it, moreover, you can't get rid of it (though being on the pill usually tends to dry it out or give you less of it, at least for me). If it doesn't itch, smell, no burning when you urinate, doesn't look clumpy like cottage cheese or have a gray tint and smell fishy, it's probably just normal discharge.

Your discharge is cyclical with your cycles and will follow a pattern similar to this: dry/sticky discharge right after your period, then creamy/white/lotiony discharge (may have a yellow tint), then lots of discharge around ovulation (day 14 in a 28 day cycle) that is either watery or stretchy and resembling uncooked eggwhites. Discharge tends to dry up after you ovulate, but I always had some of the white lotiony creamy type discharge in the 2 weeks or so between ovulation & my period.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:54 AM   #10
(female)

apaf-21 HB User

Thanks but it just doesnt seem like normal discharge as its there practically everyday so im not quite shr if its normal or not..... thats why im kinda confused!!!! am its sometimes thick and sometimes not...it doesnt smell....I am actually on the pill and it hasnt made any difference.... my main probs are that discarge all the time...it hurts during sex and im always wet and never feel dry...that may come across a bit blunt.... but im thinking the doctor is the only way to go......!!!!!

Old 06-20-2007, 05:15 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User

well, if you go to the doctor, PLEASE let us know what they said!!!

Old 06-25-2007, 07:27 AM   #12
(female)

apaf-21 HB User

Thanks, i will to be sure to inform you of the results...

Closed Thread