It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2007, 02:44 PM   #1
(female)

lovely76040 HB User
i only have my period every 4 months and im not on any pill...

ever since i got my period when i was 12 i rarely get my period. It only comes every four months,what should i do. i loive with my dad and im too scared to ask him to take me to the doctor because of it.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:20 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Bride05 HB User
Re: i only have my period every 4 months and im not on any pill...

I don't know how old you are but I too have been the same way. I am now 30 and trying to get everything straight. If you cannot tell your dad you need to see the Dr. do you have another adult who you can tell? This is something that is probably nothing but you need to see a dr. and make sure everything is ok.
Sandy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2007, 06:59 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User

There are too many reasons why one's period is irregular so, it is important that you go see a doctor. Don't be afraid to ask your dad. If he has paid any attention to women's reproductive health what-so-ever, he has to know that it is important for you to see an OBG-YN every year. So, you should have already been visiting one by now. Perhaps, don't even tell him the specific reason why you want to see an OB. Just tell him it is time to start seeing one. Is your Mom around? If he gives you any sort of trouble about going to an OB, perhaps talk to your Mom or another trusted older female in your life and have her discuss it with him. It is imperative that you go visit and OB every year for a Pap Smear and other annual checkups.

As far as the possible reasons for an irregular period...one may be your weight. Are you over or under weight? There are many other potential reasons for an irregular period and, you really need to find yours.

Please go to an OB. I think that when you first started your period was when you should have started visiting one.

Take care and keep in touch!

Old 06-20-2007, 12:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User

I know it can be hard to talk to Dad's about this, but please do. You don't even have to get into why, just tell him that you feel you are old enough that you need a GYN.....all the other girls see one since they started their periods....ect. Take that approach until you get comfortable enough to share details with him. This is your health....it really is not different than anything else, and a missing period is a sign something is out of wack.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:35 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User

First, it is probably nothing serious since it has been going on all along. I had the same thing and still do, in my 40s! It is usually a hormonal issue and most of the time the biggest concern you are going to have is difficulty getting pregant when you are older and want to conceive a child. You probably can still get pregnant, but may require some medication and/or other assistance. As you get older, as long as you still have periods every four months or so, you will probably not have to face any other health issues.

Still, it is important that you see a doctor for your own piece of mind. Could you ask your dad to take you to a family doctor for a check up? They can handle most things like this. If anything else is needed he or she can refer you to a gyn.

Nancy

Closed Thread