It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 02:21 PM   #1
(female)

SPORT46 HB User
Question Abnormal Pap result: Endometrial cells present

I'm 46 and not menopausal yet. Not on birth control / tubes tied. My pap showed endometrial cells on the cervix. I have to have a uterine biopsy in about a week. My cervix is irritated, and I can even feel it being irritated. Recently during intercourse recently there was pretty heavy bleeding. Any idea what it could be?? I'm in very good health otherwise. Just confused about this. No STDs present per test results. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:40 AM   #2
(female)

Kris07 HB User
Re: Abnormal Pap result: Endometrial cells present

I had an Endo Biopsy done July 2nd. The only advice I can give you is to take Motrin about 30 minutes before the procedure & pray everything comes back okay. (the biopsy was terribly painful for me) I really hope it's nothing to be too concerned about! (( Hugs )) Good luck! I'll keep you in my prayers/thoughts!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2007, 10:06 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

Hi,
Two years ago I also had endometrial cells present, and had a biopsy - which came back normal. My gyn said it was likely caused by getting the pap while I was still on my period (the last day, but still light bleeding). She didn't consider the pap abnormal really - no HPV either, but said that a biopsy is a good idea to be sure - I even waited about 6 weeks to have it, because I was nervous.
It wasn't too bad of a procedure - I had some mild cramping for a couple of hours - I went back to work right after having it done.

Mary

PS - I also had bacterial vaginosis at the time - unrelated to the endometrial cell, and had a normal pap the next time.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #4
(female)

so scared HB User

Hello

I have had a Endometrial biopsy done last week and i'm scared to death to hear the results. I am 42 years old, have had normal paps for years and this last one came back with uterine cells present. Freaked me right out. I know when I had my pap it was when I just finished my period a day or two before. I am really scared.
thanks!
So Scared

Closed Thread